Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:40:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGameshelicopter roguelike game ?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: helicopter roguelike game ?  (Read 819 times)
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2017, 06:17:55 AM »

There are lots of rogue-lite games that combined other genres with rogue's gameplay elements, but i still hadn't see a roguelike game about helicopter.
I like helicopters and the video games about them, because i think helicopters look cooler than planes and their ability to hover in the air is great while planes never can stop.
And fort apocalypse is one of the helicopter games i like. Fort apocalypse is a game about a helicopter flying underground to rescue hostages, going down into the core, finding and destroying it, and escape. Despite its ultra frustrating difficulty and the controls that not as good as choplifter it was quite fun and unique when i get used on it. However there is one big problem: the game is very short.

If you are skilled enough to beat the game, the game ends in about 10 minutes. I used to think it would be cool if the level layouts are randomly generated so i can meet new levels everytime i start the game and play it over and over.

I'm still waiting someone who would make something like a roguelike version of fort apocalypse / choplifter or other chopper game like zeewolf(my another favorite). If that happens i'll buy that instantly.
Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:10:55 PM »

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 02:40:23 PM »

But that game isn't as fun as choplifter or fort apocalypse. The game is too simple.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:45:53 PM »

well there's Thrustburst

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 03:17:30 PM »

well there's Thrustburst

That looks certainly better, although it's auto scrolling game not an exploration like fort apocalypse.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic