Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:52:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)A place to put my rubbish
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A place to put my rubbish  (Read 854 times)
Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:59:00 PM »

I am not an artist, I wish I could be one, I will try to post something everyday.

This is a bunch of pixel weapons I made and my character ingame, I had the idea of using skeletal animations after I found an asset called Anima2D (Im using Unity), I'm trying to get free 360° aim while keeping the pixely feel to it, how? I dont know yet.
Also I think her hair is kinda wrong, and the neck is maybe too big?

Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »

Got caught up in the door conundrum, should you open doors by interacting directly with them? How many states do they need? Are there locked doors? I decided doors need their own in-world interface, kinda like how old FPS sims work (see System Shock 2, or more recently, Prey).
Anyway, doors need panels and panels need a solution that doesnt make me repeat tons of graphics so i decided to make consoles, workstations and panels modular from the start:

That door is ugly I know, I have no idea how to make sci-fi looking doors from the side.
Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 10:21:34 AM »

I made IK work, there is a bunch of things im not happy with but it will do for now.

Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 10:38:13 AM »

I know it sounds deeply strange, but maybe if you want free rotation without so many jaggies you should draw your pixel art with a vector tool.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic