Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:12:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkChoose Your Own Adventure game for Huckleberry Comics
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Choose Your Own Adventure game for Huckleberry Comics  (Read 1113 times)
HuckleberryComics
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »

UPDATE: We have filled the position and will be taking down this posting in 24 hours. If you are a studio that is still interested feel free to send over details, we don't mind having a few numbers on file for future projects. Also, if you want to see other projects we're working on and keep an eye of Huckleberry Comics in general feel free to follow us on Twitter @HuckleberryDSR (also a good way to get in touch with us if you're so inclined)

Thanks!
C.

What we're looking for is someone to put together an iOS app. Ideally we'll be on Android as well, but for starters iOS is fine. The game is basically a fancy text adventure. The only difference being an image going along with each section of text. Possibly some voice over linked to the rooms / frames.

For example, the first screen would go like this:

"My Lord, there is talk of an assassination."

You would be presented with an image at the top of the screen, the text just below that image and 3 options or buttons at the bottom of the screen.

A. Increase my guards - 2 of our best knights!
B. A Rumor?! Come to me when you have proof!
C. Question everyone, triple my guards!

Depending on which button you press you go the next screen. I'm thinking of adding two meters on the top right of the screen, gold and trust. Each decision might cost a certain amount of gold and gain or lose a certain amount of trust. Your gold goes to low and some options you can no longer afford. Your trust goes to low and your rule is overthrown.

The art for the project, the writing, the music and VO will be provided along with any other assets. We need someone to put it all together, link all the rooms and options appropriately and make sure each image and VO goes with each room.

If necessary I'll put the entire story line in twine. It's software I'm not too familiar with and it will take some practice but I'm willing to learn it if it expedites the production.

We're offering $500.00 up front for the project plus 5% of net revenue (excluding kickstarter and pre-orders) However, the kickstarter will have a tiny goal, just to raise interest and we will likely not be offering pre-orders. So, if the app is well designed and people like it, hopefully it will sell increasing your profits. And of course as this is not only a paid contract but somewhat of a partnership as well we'd be happy to have your dev logo on the splash screen after our and link to any other apps or games your studio has developed.

If you're up for the job and think you can do it, just let me know. It would of course be a nice thing to have on the resume and will come with some publicity. While our current following combined is only just over 2,000 it's growing rapidly.

You can contact us here or at [email protected]

Thanks for the interest,
C.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:55:26 PM by HuckleberryComics » Logged
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:09:36 PM »

Hi!

Would you like for this topic to be deleted? It seems like it's been quite some time since you filled the position.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic