Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:26:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThis Game is Trash(Stop-motion, Collectahon, RPG)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: This Game is Trash(Stop-motion, Collectahon, RPG)  (Read 14115 times)
anotherDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »

**EDIT*** Watch game's 1st trailer here:

This Game is Trash
. A claymation collectathon/adventure game with lots of trash to collect, worlds to explore, and friends to meet.

A great smog cloud will cover the sky and kill everyone in a mere 30 days, you must plan each day accordingly if you have any hope of saving the world.

Plan

Explore and Collect

Fight

Socialize

I've been working on it for just over a year and hope to be finished with it early 2018. My goal is to make the game I really want to play, and hope that there are others with similar game interests!

You can follow me @ConorGarity for updates. I would love to have a playable early build soon to give out to anyone interested to hear feedback. Thanks!! :p
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 05:56:44 AM by anotherDev » Logged

Twitter: @ConorGarity
Think Inside The Box
Level 0

Think Inside The Box

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 01:56:38 PM »

This game is most certainly not a trash, the clay animation looks great, haven't seen that done since Skullmonkeys.
alaNintendo
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:16:53 PM »

Not sure the game name is good. But love the art direction!
muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 03:53:13 PM »

loving it so far!
ODINKONG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 06:20:48 PM »

This game has excellent personality! Also claymation!!?!??!?! CHRIST that must have taken so fucking long lol. Fantastic job my friend!

Raven's Path By Evil Villian Games
Dev Log : https://forums.tigsource.com/inde
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 11:14:10 PM »

totally into this

anotherDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »

Thanks for all your positive words, everybody! I means a lot! Really!

Some more info! Wooo!:

Like I said, I'm trying to incorporate elements of some of my favorite games here. I love games like Pikmin that have that "30 day" mechanic, but I feel there aren't many games like that out there and I think there is still a lot of potential with that system.

So I'm making a game where there are constant decisions the player has to make. At first the goal is just to collect some trash, but as you explore more of the hand-built clay worlds, you encounter inhabitants that need help, bosses to kill, etc. Before long, the player is saying to him/herself:

" I know I need to get some large trash here...(large pieces of trash are similar to ship parts in Pikmin, or stars in 3D Mario games),

...but DJ Krabby Krab needs help increasing his street rep here....

but Chip the melting ice cream scoop is gonna die in 3 days and just wants some company..."

How you spend your days is up to you, but there isn't enough time in each day for everything!

anotherDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 12:07:00 AM »

Yo! Hello! Hey!

How you livin' dat street life?

I'm surrounded by criminals.

Anyway, thanks you all for your kind words, means a lot! :p

Update! Comin' in hot! Recently, I've been working on the third world of the game, which is a snow/japan level and fixing various bugs/ glitches.

Showing the new calendar to keep you up to date on plans you made with the various characters:

Overview of some of 3rd world(Frozen Fuji) Featuring various Oni and a Dragon who loves retro video games. (Excuse all those debug numbers and text above various things! Sorry!)

Till next time!  Hand Point Right pew! pew! (Twitter: @ConorGarity)

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 03:10:52 AM »

This is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 12:06:57 PM »

I love the writing so far- keep it up!
Alce
Level 0

Twitter: @Alce_X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »

Saw this some time ago on a Screenshot Saturday, so glad to see you're still working on it! Snow is nice, so snowy place is looking really nice too. Calendar is a nice feature that reminds me vaguely of the Bomber's notebook in Majora's Mask.

Aspiring chilean game dev. Likes artsy/experimental stuff.
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 09:28:26 AM »

Hates off, there is ABSOLUTELY room for a charming stop motion indie on the scene.

Funny enough, I think stop motion is totally a viable budget friendly medium for an indie with probably a lot more appeal just because of how scarce it is, but I took a stop motion course in college and I know how INSANELY dedicated and meticulous the process is. I remember working on my final project, tripping and shaking the whole set, I was so devastated ha.

How far would you say you're along and do you have a scope and gameplan in which to finish it tentatively?

I hope to see this game come along, and again, this deserves much merit

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 11:35:17 AM »

Wow, yeah, this is striking. You definitely deserve the praise for the work you've already done on the visuals. Honestly, even with a year of work already into this, I can't believe you've got this much to show. This is awesome, keep it going - can't wait to see more!  Beer! Beer!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Penguinoccio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 12:45:29 PM »

This looks great.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
anotherDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 09:23:06 AM »

Ahhhhh! I hope you guys realize how much your words mean to me!

@thefoolishbrave: Thanks dude! It's difficult to figure out how far along the game is. I'm pretty good at time management and I think I'll have it "done" by the end of the year, but the game still needs a decent amount of work with debugging and polish in some areas, so hopefully spring 2018. I hope to have a gameplay trailer by the end of the month. It also depends on any kind of feedback I get from strangers when I have a playable build to give out within the next few weeks. I've only had friends and acquaintances play it so far, so I'll have to see if there's certain aspects of the game that people think need serious changing. Btw, I checked out what you're working on and it seems like something I really enjoy, I think we have similar inspirations with the whole "seems silly but with serious/perhaps depressing undertones"

@Penguinoccio: thanks! Sorry, i've been busy, but I am working on setting up a newsletter, will let you know when it's available for sign up!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 09:53:49 AM »

A great smog cloud will cover the sky and kill everyone in a mere 30 days, you must plan each day accordingly if you have any hope of saving the world.
Funny coincidence: the last game I played that used clay-mation was also about trash and recycling!

Anyway, this looks very charming, and I like the concept too. Following Smiley
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »

I'm actually so excited about the wacky spirit you managed to convey very quickly in your first post. I adore the idea that trash smog is going to cause the end of the world, it reminds me of when I tried to play Dwarf Fortress and a dwarf died in my dining hall and I couldn't get the others to bury it so the whole Fortress filled up with miasma.  Cheesy

anotherDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 11:30:24 AM »

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ PEW! PEW! HEY YOU!

I thought I'd share a little bit of lore for the game today.

When determining the villains for the game, I had to ask myself: "What would be the filthiest, most repulsive, most nefarious form of trash I could use?"

Then I reflected on my life and the answer became clear...

White Trash!

Introducing the main antagonists of the game: The White Trash Army! These mysterious hooded figures promise to save the world from the approaching doom. But do they have more on their evil, trashy agenda!?!?! HMMMM!?!?

They are lead by a mysterious figure known only as "The Whitest Guy I Have Ever Seen".

There are many different ranks within the White Trash organization.

Average, Everyday, Middle Class White Trash:

Elite Armored White Trash:

I glad to hear you guys are excited, I'm excited to hear any feedback from the build I send out soon. Till then...stay beautiful.  Cool

lowinzloGame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 01:47:39 PM »

The art style is incredible. I wish this was a show I watched when I was a child and I feel like I'm rediscovering something from my childhood when I look at this game
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 02:48:37 AM »

White Trash!

This game just went up to eleven!

I'm getting Paper Mario vibes, and I hope you realise I don't give such a compliment lightly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic