Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1340999 Posts in 61268 Topics- by 52792 Members - Latest Member: raisen

June 22, 2018, 04:51:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThis Game is Trash(Stop-motion, Collectahon, Planning Game)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: This Game is Trash(Stop-motion, Collectahon, Planning Game)  (Read 4562 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2018, 07:26:20 AM »

Heyo!

Been a little bit. Unfortunately still no luck with the publishers I've tried. The game is almost complete though, which is cool, even though it currently probably doesn't have the launch support to go anywhere when I release it, I'm still trying hard to change that though. Whatever the case, I hope the people who do play it find it great! It'd actually be pretty cool, I think, to have a small community of people who really like it. That way I could do, like, giveaways where I can mail out hand made sculptures of the game's characters or something to fans.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of polishing tweaks (changing things from just functional to actually looking good) and cutting some things that aren't really worth investing the time into. I changed the look of the main character Jim, since the old model I made like a year and a half ago and I've gotten much better at the art since then. But I'm worried this new one might look too cute, like to the point where it's a little generic looking? Let me know what you think. The new one is on the right:

also been finishing up the game's intro...

(gif capture got messed up at the end of that last one, whoops!)

You may have seen it on twitter, but I made this promo art too, which I think came out nice...

Yup, well, that's it for now. I guess I'll be back with more stuff soon. Thanks!
Ya know, I never realised he was an old dude with a moustache until now!

I like the new version, he's perfect.

So have you considered itch.io or something like that?
Penguinoccio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2018, 10:14:17 AM »

The new model is great and much more clear

I love your art man
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »

BTW, put your twitter handle in your signature so you can get some more followers through TIG. And maybe link this thread from your Twitter bio page. Hand Thumbs Up Right

EDIT: Scroll up to the banner, click on "Profile" -> "Modify Profile" -> "Forum Profile Information"

And for everyone else in this thread:

https://twitter.com/ConorGarity

https://nobodysgames.com/

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:51:24 AM by JobLeonard » Logged
JonKelliher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »

This looks so whacky and insane! Love the art direction, and the characters seems great. Fingers crossed for you getting a decent publisher deal! In the mean time keep your head up and polish, polish, polish!

anotherDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2018, 05:50:29 AM »

Thanks guys!

@JobLeonard : you mean posting on the forums on itch.io? or releasing a demo or something? I thought about releasing a small playable build. Maybe I still will, It just still has a lot of bugs I need to get rid of. probably not a bad idea though, even if it tends to turn people away, can't hurt to get some feedback.

Twitter: @ConorGarity
Yong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »

This looks hilarious, very charming. I think a demo will really help to draw some attention to your game. There are some who thinks a demo might end up hurting sales but I think the potential attention far outweighs any negatives (if any?? I really don't think a demo will hurt sales).

Keep at it! Your game definitely stands out. You just need to get it in front of more people.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2018, 01:32:44 PM »

probably not a bad idea though, even if it tends to turn people away, can't hurt to get some feedback.
From what I understand from other devs is that it has the opposite effect: it gets people on board Smiley
anotherDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2018, 01:32:02 AM »

Alright, I'll probably have some sort of demo on itch.io next week :D Ill let you know when it's up!

Twitter: @ConorGarity
ObscureTales
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2018, 09:46:26 AM »

We love the visual style, we believe that we are developing a unique work.
nathy after dark
Level 5

Bene Gesserit Witch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2018, 10:19:38 AM »

Late reply on the new look for Jim: I'm not sure I'm sold. The original one looks more young, naive, and starry-eyed, which makes for a funny story of disillusionment. The new one looks like an older, sadder anti-hero, and I think that changes the vibe dramatically. Idk.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic