Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 08:32:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Issues with Reflecting Pictures
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Issues with Reflecting Pictures  (Read 946 times)
Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:52:46 AM »

Sorry, if this seems like a silly thread I do apologize.

Do any other artists here have an issue where a reflected image looks nothing like the original? Do reflected images look much worse to you? I continue to make art that looks good but once I reflect it horizontally I see all of the mistakes and it looks lopsided.

I have this same issue with selfies as well, I feel I look much worse once a selfie of me is reflected horizontally.

Is there something wrong with me?

Devlog<br /><br />[/
muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »

I'm not one myself, but I know a lot of digital concept artists, it's a common trick of theirs to flip their art horizontally to spot stuff they otherwise might not see. So I'd say this is normal!

I make flipping my art from time to time part of my process, not just at the end.
Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:58:06 AM »

I'm not one myself, but I know a lot of digital concept artists, it's a common trick of theirs to flip their art horizontally to spot stuff they otherwise might not see. So I'd say this is normal!

I make flipping my art from time to time part of my process, not just at the end.

YES, so I'm normal then! That's EXACTLY what I do!

Devlog<br /><br />[/
Clipper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 01:27:11 AM »

Flipping horizontally is a common and easy way to spot faulty proportions. So yeah, it's a pretty good habit to get into.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 08:21:59 AM »

Basically flipping lets you experience the drawing as someone who didn't draw it (a bit) so if something looks wrong to you then it definitely needs to be fixed

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic