Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:16:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat is the recommended Twitter video format and resolution?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What is the recommended Twitter video format and resolution?  (Read 37375 times)
Avichal
Level 0

Game Designer and Founder at Nodding Heads Games

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2017, 07:37:59 AM »

Hi guys, I've been working on my project Raji: An Ancient Epic. I will be posting about it in the appropriate sub-forum later this week.

A month back we had an HD video that was to be uploaded on facebook and twitter for marketing.

This is the video on Facebook
Which was 720p and was 15 Mb initially. As you can see the quality is pretty good for facebook.

When I tried uploading it to twitter, it came out as a very poor quality video, as much as 240p. I did some research, tried dozens of settings, tried specific twitter formats, resolutions, workarounds from Adobe Premier while exporting but not one of them worked. Yeah, almost pulled my hair out Crazy Had to settle for a YouTube upload and to paste the link on twitter.

I have seen people post videos on twitter with decent quality. What am I missing here? Please help..the screenshot saturday(which will be a video) draws near..

Thanks

Game Designer and Founder
Nodding Heads Games, Pune, India.
Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 10:56:49 PM »

If I'm correct, Twitter compresses your video no matter what when you upload it. You can try uploading it with a much greater resolution, it might help, but why don't you just stay with Youtube?

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
Avichal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 04:03:24 AM »

Thanks, I did try higher resolutions but did not find something that I would call decent/good quality.

Twitter videos work with autoplay, YouTube videos require a click. People are lazy to click and hence might not notice the youtube video at all. Another factor is Youtube thumbnail is covered mostly by text on the right side and the play button is all over what remains.

I feel these points cause friction for anyone who's scrolling through timeline and can effect your marketing.

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 04:10:17 AM »

Oh right, I forgot that :/
Well, I have no other idea, the big resolution was successful on a gif of mines, and I haven't had the issue since.

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
Avichal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 04:22:11 AM »

Yeah, I have no issues with GIFs either..just the videos. I've posted my concern on Indie Game Chat on FB, hope someone can help me out. Thanks anyway Smiley

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

Games so good you could hang your hat on them.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »

I've gotten the best viewership and shares with .gifs (granted they don't have sound but they're great for showing off a small piece of action and they display nicely on browsers and phones). I use 640x480 resolution personally which I feel can show off my game well while also keeping file size reasonable.

When I do actual videos, i always use YouTube. This allows for high quality but also makes sharing it everywhere easy (Twitter, Facebook, and on my own YouTube channel). I dislike the Twitter videos for this reason, there is no way to get them out of Twitter that I know of.

ionside
Level 1

what was I doing, again?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 03:40:50 AM »

I've always just shared a link to YouTube. However I think gifs are a great way to show your work,

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

Games so good you could hang your hat on them.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 06:13:45 AM »

I've always just shared a link to YouTube. However I think gifs are a great way to show your work,

GIFs in my experience get a lot more shares on social media like Twitter than videos do.

clemmons_io
Level 0

Games, Growth, & Glory!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »

Here's one tip for Twitter Video: upload your video through "Media Studio", which you can find in the drop down menu under your profile picture. You can then add a call-to-action link to the video itself, which can lead views to your game's website and/or Steam page.

Read my blog here: https://clemmons.io
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic