Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:46:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHyperParasite - Retro Twin Stick Roguelite Shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HyperParasite - Retro Twin Stick Roguelite Shooter  (Read 2110 times)
Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:22:56 AM »

EDIT:

Finally, after 3 years of hard work, HyperParasite will get a worldwide, multi-platform (Steam, DRM-free, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One) release on April 3rd!

Wishlist on Steam
Pre-order/Pre-download on Xbox One
Pre-order/Pre-download on Nintendo Switch

---

HyperParasite

Snatch, Zap and Repeat your way through a dystopian 1980's as a mysterious organism bent on world domination.

Hyperparasite, a relentless rougue-lite SHMUP adventure is coming soon to a host near you!

Synopsis:

It’s the 80’s all over again. Only this time, the human race has more than an obnoxious pop culture to contend with.

With World War III nearing its demise, Earth only just begins to catch its breath when it is threatened by yet another menace. Unlike the preposterous mullets of its inhabitants however, this one’s invisible – a parasitic organism capable of making hosts of unsuspecting human beings, consuming what’s left of their souls and wreaking unfathomable havoc.

And it’s spreading. With a vengeance.

Martial laws have been declared to make way for a global hunt, battle-hardened law enforcers have made allies of the most degenerate of criminals, while the rest of the world is paralysed with paranoia; yet who can be trusted? Who can see it, let alone destroy it? That’s for them to worry about. For you are the enemy.

You are the organism with a mission. You are… HyperParasite.

Features:

Relentless top-down, shoot ‘em up action!
Being able to snatch the bodies of nearly every weapon-wielding homosapien you encounter ensures bullet hell almost never ceases.

Intelligent zapping!
A happy trigger-finger alone won’t suffice; multiple character classes, host-specific abilities and a skill-based progression system means you’ll be working to one-up the human race even without bullets.

Extreme level re-playability
Procedurally generated levels, multiple game-play objectives, grueling waves of enemies and deranged bosses, all while the possibility of perma-death looms; prepare to die. A lot.

Nostalgia
…perpetuated by a unique 3D-pixelated art style, absurdly bright neons, obnoxious styling and robotic synthesizer sounds. It’s the roaring 80’s alright, with a dash of dystopia.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:03:55 AM by Troglobytes » Logged

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 09:13:22 AM »

Oh yes!! This looks great! PTW. I'm assuming you got it covered but if not I do some pretty great and interesting music for games. Cyberpunk is a specialty of mine and I'm actually working on the open world cyberpunk game Neon Sword atm but I do have time for another project   Wink

Good luck! Keeping an eye on this one
Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 11:06:36 AM »

Oh yes!! This looks great! PTW. I'm assuming you got it covered but if not I do some pretty great and interesting music for games. Cyberpunk is a specialty of mine and I'm actually working on the open world cyberpunk game Neon Sword atm but I do have time for another project   Wink

Good luck! Keeping an eye on this one

Hey joey4track, yes, we got it covered, but we plan to have a diverse soundtrack for the game, so yeah, as long as it fits Cyberpunk/80's, we are interested! We'll make sure to check your works and keep in touch. Thanks!

joey4track
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 05:02:55 PM »

Oh, that's cool! Kind of like what Hotline Miami did with their soundtrack. Well it definitely worked for them  Cheesy

Ok, here's my cyberpunk/synthwave playlist and I will be here, thanks!
Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 07:12:55 AM »

We implemented a new character class (Mad Scientist) and some lightning FX. We also run a couple of stress tests with ~100 enemy AI.

Normally there won't be so many enemies in game levels, but zapping them by the hundred with the lightning gun is so much fun!  Grin

Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 12:04:41 AM »

Finally we completed the new version of the first boss fight in HyperParasite!

Ikkir_
Level 0

Explosions are always cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 07:01:37 PM »

Good stuff, really like the constant play shifting by eating different people, and of course the coop mode is a nice plus!

Missile Comrade: A missile defense game about MAD commanders and mutually assured destruction.
Devlog
Twitter
Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 08:26:49 AM »

The brawl continues underneath the city!

Here's a sneak peek at the Sewers, one of the many sub-levels you will find in HyperParasite:

Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 06:54:12 AM »

Here's a fresh new gameplay trailer for HyperParasite!

Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 11:51:50 PM »

We're super hyped to let you know that you can now download our Pre-Alpha on Steam:

Steam Pre-Alpha Build

Just hit the 'Download Demo' button on the store page to get hands on. Of course, we'd love to hear your feedback so please let us know what you think about it.

But that's not all!

We're launching our Kickstarter campaign on the 10/10/2018! That’s just 3 days away.

Check out http://www.hyperparasite.com/kickstarter/ for more information.

Troglobytes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 06:02:21 AM »

Finally, after 3 years of hard work, HyperParasite will get a worldwide, multi-platform (Steam, DRM-free, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One) release on April 3rd!

Wishlist on Steam
Pre-order/Pre-download on Xbox One
Pre-order/Pre-download on Nintendo Switch

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic