Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 03:27:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCodename: End All Universes
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Codename: End All Universes  (Read 2855 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »

It's a Boomshine clone.

Download: http://studioeres.com/shine-v0.1.exe

You are the spark of life. Your job is to end all universes. The problem is you only have a limited number of clicks to do it in.

Click on a universe to destroy it. If a universe hits another universe as it's being destroyed, it'll destroy that universe as well. Destroy all universes on your screen to progress to the next level.

There are more than 10 levels, but after the 10th level clicking no longer works. There is no way to proceed after that, for now.

The game has 2 days of work in it, a few hours each day, so don't expect much. It'll last you perhaps 3 minutes. It's still very very early (v0.1).

I'll eventually make it more distinguishable from Boomshine (I have a lot of ideas how) but right now its gameplay is heavily derived from Boomshine.

I plan to later give you special abilities, to distinguish the types of universes (both in appearance and behavior), and all that.

I made it because I felt the desire to make something like Boomshine but with more depth (I'm not saying it's deeper right now, only that that's the goal by v1.0).

I'll be updating it here every few days as I make more of it. It's a Game Maker game so it requires Windows, Direct X 9.0 or later, and that's about it.

CHEATS: To skip a level, press F10.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 04:51:54 PM by rinkuhero » Logged

Tr00jg
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:25:32 AM »

This is very interesting. I have never played Boomshine, but I think you can easily add twists from the fact that you are working with universes.

Stuff like:

Say a universe gets really big, the main civilization in it might want to keep their "universe" stable and not able to explode. Thus you must set up a chain combo around it, or something like that.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:28:41 AM »

I played a bit and I feel like the game is a bit too random-ish to me. I feel like I'm not sure what I'm doing. Sometimes, doing one move clears everything, sometimes it doesn't. I'm also not sure why but some universes don't want to explode after I clicked them...

Anyway, I like the concept but I feel like the game could be more fun if I controlled the events a bit more. I dunno, like being able to throw a universe around or perhaps create black holes or something that will slow down certain universes or perhaps destroy them... Just some random ideas...

Keep it up! It's comin' up very well! Wink
Later!

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 04:27:22 PM »

Yep, it's very early so the randomness and such are expected. Though not being able to control anything except the initial click and watching the reactions after that one click is kind of the point of the game, to give the player more control would be in contradiction to that goal. Will post an update soon!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 06:57:28 PM »

sometimes at the end of the game, the balls are spread on the corners of the screen and don't move anymore and it's impossible, maybe there should be a way to induce movement in them?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »

All in the plans! Movement patterns are something I'm working on now actually. I noticed that too about the corners and will try to get rid of that. Perhaps I will go with Guert's idea of making them 'move' when you do, as if the cursor generates a type of wind? I'll see.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 07:22:41 PM »

maybe some sort of gravity-well with limited use?

[EDIT] BTW the game is already very addictive at this point, I wasted my whole evening with it although it has those gameplay flaws Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:24:58 PM by moi » Logged

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic