Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:31:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSPARE: experimental 2D platformer with hi-res graphics [Windows, Free]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SPARE: experimental 2D platformer with hi-res graphics [Windows, Free]  (Read 381 times)
GildedGreen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »

(I posted this game in Playtesting a few days ago, without remembering that Town Hall is really the place to post released games. I think I'm good, but lemme know if that is crossing any spammy lines, and I'll delete the older post.)

SPARE is a short experimental game where the player may sacrifice different parts of themselves to proceed, each loss making progress a bit more difficult.

The initial goal was to make a game where the character becomes less powerful as they progress, rather than more powerful, and the rest of the mechanics fell into place around that (as well as a sort of 'giving tree' style abstract narrative).

As my previous game projects have all been lo-fi Flash-based pixel art affairs, I wanted to take a crack at something I could make more detailed art assets for, and so this project is a downloadable executable featuring lots of hand-drawn and animated hi-res imagery.

I've tested it on several systems, and it's run fine on all apart from a tiny media-center PC I have. But I have had to wrangle with texture pages and so on to get it running well on a variety of systems, and if you encounter any graphics glitches, I'd be thankful to hear what they are, as well as some of the specs of your system (esp. graphical memory).

Any other critiques on artwork, writing, glitches, etc. are welcome, too.

Please follow the itch.io link below to give it a whirl:
https://gildedgreen.itch.io/spare

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic