Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:12:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting My First Game. Jolty Panda
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My First Game. Jolty Panda  (Read 799 times)
Aspartame
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2017, 05:47:25 AM »

Hello. I made my first game, game is very simple, but very exciting, I would be glad to hear feedback about the game and design.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aspartame.joltypanda

https://aspartame.itch.io/jolty-panda-
ZoR Dev
Level 0

Developer of Lost Items

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 06:30:06 AM »

Hello !

So I tried your game, you can see the tests here

There are some bugs, the first one I found is at 0:14, I survived but I shouldn't have survived.

At 0:34, it's not a bug, but a suggestion : it would be nice to have a collect sound, like when you collect coins in many games. Having a sound makes us feel like we've achieved something. If there is no sound, it's less rewarding.

And you can find the other bug at the end, at 1:45. Items have rollbacks, so you lose without any obvious reason, and that's kinda sad.

So, now that I've said that, what is nice and what should be improved ?
What's nice :
  • The sound. I really enjoy that little music in the background, it gives a nice aspect.
  • The animations. The panda looks so weird when it jumps, and that's sooo funny and cute. I really love it.
  • The graphics. They are simple and all in harmony. It works, and that's what we want.

What should be improved / added :
  • Obviously, the bugs stated earlier, it would be really nice to get rid of them.
  • Making a sound while picking up something.
  • Changing the ground animation. It honestly doesn't look like it's moving, but just randomly changing. Maybe add a few more frames in your animation to make it look a bit better.
  • Some power-ups or maluses would be nice to implement, instead of just score added/game over. It would make the game more dynamic, and I really think that if you add such things, it will be really addictive.
  • To improve the addiction, if you add the last statement, you should also make available some power-ups only after picking a certain number of items, or force the player to reach a certain score.
  • Another nice thing is the achievements. Even though they aren't necessary at all.
  • Also, making the player point a certain area to start the game is nice. But I feel like it would be better, when the game starts, to be able to click anywhere to jump. Or at least, if the mouse leaves the area, to show it again so we don't lose it. Because I died once because I couldn't find it back fast enough.

It seems there are a lot of negative points / improvements to do, but they all are suggestions (apart from the bugs). And I have to say your game is really nice, I enjoyed playing it. It's simple and it works ! :D

A new indie game.<br />Developer of Lost Items, available here
Aspartame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 04:37:26 AM »

Thank you for your criticism, I will take this into account.
ldurniat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »

I like idea Smiley but in time game seems boring.

In my opinion the trailer should be shorter. Smiley

Good work:)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic