Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:48:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHaven't started a thread in a while and I really just wanted to say...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Haven't started a thread in a while and I really just wanted to say...  (Read 870 times)
Canned Turkey
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:45:14 PM »

THE STEAM CONTROLLER SUCKS

WASTE OF MY HARD EARNED GOOD CITIZEN BUCKS

I HAD TO RETURN IT TO GAMESTOP AND IT WAS SUPER AWKWARD BECAUSE THE GUY THERE WAS THE SAME ONE WHO SOLICITED IT TO ME AND PERSONALLY RECOMMENDED IT

ALSO THE CAPS LOCK ON MY KEYBOARD IS LOCked and I can't fix it oh wait I did it ok thanks for the help
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:32:41 AM »

i used one of those once. seems weird to me.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:29:32 AM »

I actually love the steam controller. You are weird.

Seriously though, can you explain your dislike for it? I'm curious.

Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 02:55:21 AM »

wait what turkey in a can

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 06:04:31 AM »

Remember when indie game writers were testing it to see if it's good and the game they thought was suited for that was bidirectional single action button platformer super meat boy

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Canned Turkey
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »

Seriously

It is a mouse and a controller and I feel it has a hard time being either. There are better mouse input devices and better controllers, so it feels really weird to me.
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 10:37:06 PM »

Got one, not really that impressed. It's nice for light surfing tasks on the couch though.

For racing games (sims) the triggers have a too short path. Gyro isn't precice enough for me. I'd like to create a config where you steer like with a wheel on one of the touch circles:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 11:59:05 PM »

it APPEARS to me, based on extensive research, that the "steam games pad control unit" has very limited use unless u really want to play mouse based games on a couch. compounding this issue, there are no games designed to really take advantage of its layout and unique functionality. there is no such thing as a "general purpose" controller bc all games are designed with assumptions about their intended input device baked into them and are almost always goign 2 play suboptimally on a different one

jus't my too sents, take care and good luck on your path  Smiley Wink Smiley Wink
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 02:48:13 AM »

Got one, not really that impressed. It's nice for light surfing tasks on the couch though.

For racing games (sims) the triggers have a too short path. Gyro isn't precice enough for me. I'd like to create a config where you steer like with a wheel on one of the touch circles:

yeah nice and make the other touch circle a fidget spinner

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 04:52:38 AM »

Millennials killed gamepads
Only 99% of Americans are brave enough to hit like, subscribe and share this on their profile
Click HERE to email this article to a friend

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
TedEH
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »

I like the steam controller.  Being able to toggle the gyro thingie on/off by just making contact with the right side pad/stick/thing has been a helpful feature.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic