Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 08:07:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDo you play browser games?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Do you play browser games?  (Read 981 times)
cbrwizard
Level 0

A game developer, used to be web dev.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2017, 08:41:50 PM »

Hey, does anybody here play games in your browser like agar.io? I want to know what interests you, why/when do you do that, which types of browser games do you like the most? Would you be interested in playing a MMO turn-based strategy game in your browser?

Check out my turn-based multiplayer strategy game Picswars.io http://picswars.io/?ref=tigsource and please leave feedback! [:
gouhadouken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:29:56 PM »

I've played a few, I really dug Town of Salem and  agar.io until it became microtransaction hell. I really really liked wargame.com for a while, but the creme-de-la-creme of browser games has to be the attack on titan tribute game by feng. The biggest draw for mobile games for me has always been being able to painlessly play a game with friends.
cbrwizard
Level 0

A game developer, used to be web dev.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:29:13 PM »

@gouhadouken, interesting. Saying
The biggest draw for mobile games for me has always been being able to painlessly play a game with friends.
do you mean iOS's GameCentre and similar things? I wonder if it would make sense to create a service for easy connections between your friends like that GameCentre but for html5 games.

Check out my turn-based multiplayer strategy game Picswars.io http://picswars.io/?ref=tigsource and please leave feedback! [:
gouhadouken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 10:22:24 AM »

The biggest draw for mobile games

Woops, totally meant browser games. Mobile games are a whole other story, I find that solid single-player game loops work best in that regard, althogh there's definitely a case to be made for asynchronous multiplayer on mobile
zbar.co
Level 0

Jimbob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 03:59:54 AM »

Yeah i'm wondering about this myself.

Maintaining multiple builds form Windows/Linux/Mac is hassle, how would people respond to a browser based WebGL experience im wondering.

In my research I've come across some pretty attractive WebGL sites as well.

Zace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »

not particularly. Though I feel like I should as they're generally more experimental and short, which is the type of game that fits into my life right now.
Kyleflores
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 01:08:10 AM »

No, I am trying to playing those games, but later, I lost interest and then I move on to some other work.
jesserahm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 02:06:58 AM »

Happy Wheels is a fun but bloody game to play when your bored, but i dont play too much....
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 06:01:01 PM »

The last time i played a browser game the best search engines were go.com and askjeeves, though this strange newcomer with a weird name was starting to get pretty decent, and when people talked about mmo's it was on the new ICQ network or through afterNet/Quakenet on irc... and the only games talked about were Ultima and Lineage.

I guess no would be a pretty good answer as well.

-Fuzzy Spider
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic