Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 09:55:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGolden hornet - Controller support
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Golden hornet - Controller support  (Read 3571 times)
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2017, 03:26:23 AM »

Golden hornet is a Twin stick shooter controlling an multi role helicopter called 'Golden hornet' to rescue hostages and attack the enemy forces.
This game is a prequel of my previous game TUJATE, where Videl was an divided country and started the civil war.

Gamejolt page : https://gamejolt.com/games/goldenhornet/298878

Steam page : http://store.steampowered.com/app/739260/Golden_Hornet/

After 6 months of development, Golden hornet is now completed. you can download the game here. Any feedbacks are welcome !

1.3.0 patch

Many changes on Arcade mode

- Now supports Online Scoreboard !

- You can earn Higher scores by lifting numerous hostages. To get the highest score, you have to lift 8 hostages at once.

- Bonus score at the end of the levels had doubled up.

- Killing enemies with machine gun doesn't earn any score. you have to use sub weapons to get it.

- Lots of balance fixes.

others...

- Added Title music. Many thanks to Minsik Kim (or his nickname, Pointless ) for making the music !

- Napalm bomb's falling speed had increased.

- Changed Doomsday bomb's effect so it won't hurt your eyes.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:42:24 AM by hijong park » Logged
filbs111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 08:59:53 PM »

This looks great. Defender meets Zeewolf. Your videos aren't appearing in your post for me. The forum maybe doesn't like youtu.be links. Below are url tags surrounding full youtube.com links.

hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 03:05:26 AM »

This looks great. Defender meets Zeewolf. Your videos aren't appearing in your post for me. The forum maybe doesn't like youtu.be links. Below are url tags surrounding full youtube.com links.

Glad you like it, defender is one of my favorite game of all time. My previous game TUJATE was actually an defender clone without wrap-around feature. zeewolf looked cool, but i couldn't enjoy it due to horrible framerate.(maybe i need better amiga format to enjoy it)
I mainly took inspirations from choplifter and fort apocalypse which are my another favorites. I was disappointed that there are not so many helicopter games to enjoy today, so i decided to make my own helicopter-themed game.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:22:09 AM by hijong park » Logged
fireboy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 07:05:13 AM »

I like gameplay. I do not know how difficult it is, I find it very frantic.
It reminds me of a super nintendo game that I really liked, but that I could not go very far ^^

Blink I'm watching Blink

hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 03:53:39 AM »

I like gameplay. I do not know how difficult it is, I find it very frantic.
It reminds me of a super nintendo game that I really liked, but that I could not go very far ^^

Blink I'm watching Blink

I thnik that game's name is choplifter 3.
I personally didn't like it that much, compared to the original choplifter the controls and fighting with enemies feel quite sluggish.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 06:09:47 AM »

Today i made the second chapter of golden horent, where you have to destroy the enemy factories. This is a destruction-only mission without any hostages, but i think this would be the only destroying mission because it's not as fun as saving hostages. i will mix saving hostages with destroying some targets in later missions.
 There are also some changes in game mechanics. when you are landing, you slide the ground with dust instead of instantly stop, and hellfire(red missile) now have long splash damage that can kill multiple enemies at the same time.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 07:02:17 AM »

I made the third chapter of golden hornet - cave phobia today.
In this stage you have to deep down or explore the underground while dodging traps, like old c64 game Fort apocalypse, and save the hostages or destroy the enemy targets who attack you.

Sorry for the long delay, i had to struggle with some bugs and making laser traps longer than i expected.
nikodil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 09:16:42 AM »

Wow I want to play this game. Fort Apocalypse is a classic, much deeper story than Choplifter. I also remember playing Airwolf on the C64, and I just had to tune in to https://open.spotify.com/track/0bxLNl3B5hyM0t5HH89sAL

hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 08:57:34 PM »

I have completed 4th cahapter today, a mostly horizontal level with full of jet fighters and battleships.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 03:04:35 AM »

Today, i have completed the 5th chapter 'struggle in autumn' and made a basic structure of arcade mode.
 Arcade mode is a mix of stern's rescue and choplifter. enemies are keep generating and hostages fall with parachute in the map, and you have to rescue certain amount of hostages to clear the level. when you completed the mission you can get the bonus score of 100 x (saved hostages - dead hostages) and resupply weapons.

Since enemies are keep generating in this game you can get a bonus life by passing 4 waves instead of getting big score.

Arcade mode is all about fighting with enemies in the completely opened area, so i added radar for more convenient gameplay and enemies in arcade mode would be a lot more tougher than in campaigh mode.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 05:55:02 AM »

I finally finished the campaigh mode and i'm currently working on the arcade mode, a score based mode where you rescue hostages until death. it's not perfect yet, need some more tests for balancing.
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 09:48:11 AM »

The arcade mode looks like a lot of fun. I really like the classic arcade art style you have for this game, though I think you should add a couple of intermediate frames for turning the hornet (between the side and front view).
It does seem maybe a little too fast? I get the frantic arcade pace, but I also checked a couple of times to make sure that the playback speed hadn't been set to 1.25 or something.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 03:36:23 AM »

The arcade mode looks like a lot of fun. I really like the classic arcade art style you have for this game, though I think you should add a couple of intermediate frames for turning the hornet (between the side and front view).
It does seem maybe a little too fast? I get the frantic arcade pace, but I also checked a couple of times to make sure that the playback speed hadn't been set to 1.25 or something.

the reason why the camera looks like it's moving fast sometimes is because the camera and the player were moving to the same direction. i have tested the game many times and thought this is the most equal camera speed for the game. Anyway The game is completed now, so you can try it yourself. If you still think it's too fast I'll make a patch and try to moderate it.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 05:11:39 AM »

1.1.0 patch

• Changed some level design in campaigh mode

• Added level indicator in campaigh mode

• Tweaked arcade mode’s difficulty a little.

• reduced lava ball spawning speed.

The game was unavailable to download for a moment because of build processing problem of gamejolt. Sorry for the inconvenient. the build process problem is now solved. more feedbacks are always welcome !
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 01:14:36 AM »

1.2.0 patch

- You can see the map when you paused the game in campaigh mode.

- Adjusted the difficulty at first levels because someone claimed that it's too easy.

- Added little musics when you start the mission, complete the mission, and failed the mission.

- In arcade mode, helicopters never attack you when you are in the base.

- Nerfed doomsday bomb's damage.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 04:37:16 AM »

Many changes on Arcade mode

- Now supports Online Scoreboard !

- You can earn Higher scores by lifting numerous hostages. To get the highest score, you have to lift 8 hostages at once.

- Bonus score at the end of the levels had doubled up.

- Killing enemies with machine gun doesn't earn any score. you have to use sub weapons to get it.

- Lots of balance fixes.

others...

- Added Title music. Many thanks to Minsik Kim (or his nickname, Pointless ) for making the music !

- Napalm bomb's falling speed had increased.

- Changed Doomsday bomb's effect so it won't hurt your eyes.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:42:37 AM by hijong park » Logged
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 04:54:15 AM »

this is bad ass
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 05:16:39 AM »

this is bad ass

Thank you Smiley
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 07:13:00 AM »

아니에요.감사함니다 히정아. 미않함니다 한국어르 많이 조금 하스이숨니다 하지만 너의 게임은 대박
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 03:21:08 AM »

아니에요.감사함니다 히정아. 미않함니다 한국어르 많이 조금 하스이숨니다 하지만 너의 게임은 대박

That's fine korean skill ! Here's the correction.

아니에요. 감사합니다 희종아. 미안합니다 한국어를 많이 조금 할 수 있습니다. 하지만 너의 게임은 대박
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic