Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:37:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDadaists Gone Wild [Finished]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dadaists Gone Wild [Finished]  (Read 3332 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:42:53 PM »

EDIT:  FULL VERSION IS UP!

You play as a young photographer who went off to a tropical island to take pictures of sexy women only to find himself lost in a strange dadaist world.

The game is a sort of cross between a warioware-style game and a platformer that I'm making using Matt Thorson's Grandma Engine.  Structually, it's a platformer, however, strange occurrences keep occurring and situations keep changing around your character as you progress requiring you to quickly figure out what you need to do.  I would say it's like warioware, but more coherent, but that wouldn't exactly be true  :D.  It's more of an incoherent, stream of consciousness platformer.

You can find the demo game here.

A lot of the art is temporary, and I have a friend who's probably going to be doing the art for the game.

I should have at least a playable demo available in the next two weeks.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:04:33 PM by malec2b » Logged

Fuzz
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »

You can't go wrong with a name like that! Well, hello there!
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:53:18 PM »

Thought I'd post a new screenshot.  Grin

shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »

There aren't enough Dadaist games, that's for sure. Not since the Spectrum anyway... I think I'm thinking of Terramex

I hope there will be some

Doodah Band action Wink

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 11:28:55 PM »

Dadaism! Nice.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 10:36:09 PM »

Here's a couple more screen shots.  I should be releasing a demo of the first level in the next few days.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:56:23 PM »

Alright, I have a playable demo up.  It contains the first level of the game.

You can download it here.

Controls are arrow keys to move and S to jump.

(also, at some point, the space bar will do something, but it will be ineffectual)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:04:02 PM by malec2b » Logged

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 10:31:11 PM »

The spiked balls stick out as being overly coherent with videogame logic, and the obstacles in the horizontal flying section are a bit hard to notice. Other than that, Kiss

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »

The spiked balls stick out as being overly coherent with videogame logic, and the obstacles in the horizontal flying section are a bit hard to notice. Other than that, Kiss

Thanks!  Some of the spikes are there for a reason (which will become clear later on in the game), but I'll try to make them into more random things when possible.  Also, one of the things I want to try to do is make the game get more and more insane and dadaist as it goes along, so sensible things will disappear in later levels.

I'm also going to work on the noses to make them contrast more.

Gentleman

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »

Alright, E3 is over, so time to get back to work.  I've pretty much finished the first two levels and have started working on the third.  I've already planned out most of the events that occur throughout the game.  There will be a total of 4 levels.

I'm probably going to stop posting screen-shots after this since I want to keep the rest of the game a surprise, but here's one more screen-shot (it's from the 2nd level still, so I might as well post it).

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »

Blink Blink The full version is out now! Blink Blink

You can find it here

I guess this should be moved to the feedback or announcements area or something...  Does anyone know how that happens?

I've made feedback thread for the game:  http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=6.0

Gentleman
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:54:40 PM by malec2b » Logged

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »

I think you can just set up a new thread, if nothing else. I really enjoyed the first demo of this- downloading the full version right now!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic