Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:42:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopProgrammer looking to improve art skills (need feedback on artstyle)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer looking to improve art skills (need feedback on artstyle)  (Read 6996 times)
Czerkas
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:31:45 AM »

I've been messing around with inkscape for a while and I managed to make a ninja themed character.Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.I can also provide the svg if someone wants to edit it a bit.

Edit:managed to embed the link.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:24:29 AM by Czerkas » Logged
Woseseltops
Level 0

Language technologist by day, gamedev by night

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:01:24 AM »

What kind of feedback are you looking for? One thing I notice already: I see a lot of places that need polishing, like the headshape that is not 100% symmetrical and has no smooth curves, some white space between torgo and legs, etc.
Czerkas
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 03:27:14 AM »

What kind of feedback are you looking for? One thing I notice already: I see a lot of places that need polishing, like the headshape that is not 100% symmetrical and has no smooth curves, some white space between torgo and legs, etc.

Basically,I want some honest criticism. How to improge the shading/correct anatomy mistakes etc. Most of the stuff you said is valid. I need to fix the legs.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 03:53:57 AM »

looks ok, i guess. Kinda looks like one of those rpg maker sprites.
Its too simplistic to give any feedback, and also lacks context.
Try doing him in a pose on background or as an actual game asset.
Czerkas
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 01:05:45 AM »

I haven't posted in a while. I've been very busy with my studies and didn't have time to boot up inkscape. I've been working on two more images and I think they've turned out a bit better.They are still incomplete and I'll need work on more.If every thing goes well I should be free to work on these images after November.

I'll need remake his leg arm and armor pieces but I think that the thick outline looks pretty good.

This is something I made for a fanart contest for a game.It's incomplete (missing a few details in her dress + accessories). I started this one after the other one and tried a different style. It turned out well I think.

I'll be applying for several Universities the next few months.Hopefully I'll be able to get admitted into CSE department in one of them. Wish me luck.

Edit:The results came out my position is pretty good.I'll be free for the next 2 months so I plan on participating in some game jams
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:17:53 AM by Czerkas » Logged
Czerkas
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 05:31:20 AM »

I had some free time so I decided to vectorize one of my doodles. I'll get back to the previous ones later.

The thick outlines ended up making it look better. So I'll stick with them. The bracers on her arms need some rework though. In any case I plan to stick to this style for now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic