Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:47:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Writer] Looking for a full time game writer (paid, work from home position)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Writer] Looking for a full time game writer (paid, work from home position)  (Read 1520 times)
monikazapper
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:01:34 AM »

(Sorry, I can't find the specific icon for this post)

Hello!

Boomzap Entertainment is an independent virtual game development studio in Southeast Asia. Since 2005, we have developed and released over 45 titles on various platforms such as PC, Mac, Wii, iPad, iPhone and Android. All Boomzap staff are full-time exclusive contractors who work from home around the world. We do not have an office, nor do we plan on ever having one. Currently we are looking for a Game Writer to join our team! More details at http://www.boomzap.com/jobs

Game Writer
This is a full time, work from home position. Candidates must also have writing samples ready to submit.

Responsibilities:
  • Write stories with interesting characters and compelling narratives
  • Majority of tasks will be to write dialogue
  • Able to follow the established style and tone of our games
  • Can write from a variety of perspectives

Qualifications:
  • Must have at least 3 years of professional writing experience, not necessarily in games
  • Game dev experience a bonus, game writing experience a huge plus
  • Must love video games, and be an active gamer
  • Preferred candidate must be located in Southeast Asia
  • English must be a primary language for you – native level English is a minimum qualification

Nice-to-haves:
  • A good sense of humor
  • Recognized degree/diploma/certificate in a related field to: Creative Writing, English, Game Design

How to Apply

Send a complete resume to the email below:

resumes ((AT)) boomzap ((DOT)) com

We prefer simple, plain text resumes with minimal formatting that includes:

• A full work/educational history
  • Nationality, current location, and current contact information
  • Any projects you have worked on, and your role in that team
  • A brief cover letter letting us know anything you need to add to your resume
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:40:39 AM »

Hello there, I am superstar genius writer "Superb Joe", "the man behind the posts", legendary poster of on line and contributing writer to computer games such as Adult Swim's "Wasted" and the cult "Merry Gear Solid" series. I hit all of your criteria except for the fact that I'm not an active gamer, nor do I love video games. C'est la vie I suppose. Good luck in your quest.
monikazapper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:03:59 AM »

Hello there, I am superstar genius writer "Superb Joe", "the man behind the posts", legendary poster of on line and contributing writer to computer games such as Adult Swim's "Wasted" and the cult "Merry Gear Solid" series. I hit all of your criteria except for the fact that I'm not an active gamer, nor do I love video games. C'est la vie I suppose. Good luck in your quest.

Hello Superb Joe, thanks for dropping by this thread. Quite surprising you're not into video games, but if you hit all the boxes and you're only missing a thing or two, it would be a shame if you didn't try. As Allan (the Tech Director) said, the worst thing that could happen is we say no. But anyway, good luck to you as well!
Whoopty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 08:41:39 AM »

A little like Joe I tick most of these boxes, though my location isn't SEA. I've sent over my details anyhow, so hopefully I'm still worth considering.

When will you guys be getting in touch with prospective applicants?
M2M_Studios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 07:29:49 PM »

welp. I've just applied. hopefully I make it . It looks like a sweet gig. How long do you guys usually take to get back to applicants?
monikazapper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:48:46 PM »

A little like Joe I tick most of these boxes, though my location isn't SEA. I've sent over my details anyhow, so hopefully I'm still worth considering.

When will you guys be getting in touch with prospective applicants?

welp. I've just applied. hopefully I make it . It looks like a sweet gig. How long do you guys usually take to get back to applicants?

We usually reply pretty quickly and we've already started actually. Right now we're going through the applications (didn't expect to receive so many!) and if you haven't received a reply yet, we will be in touch soon.
TheLizardfolk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »

Just applied as well Toast Left, saw the post a little late so I hope I'm not too late!

I'm not SEA as well but I can work on any shift to accommodate Smiley
Whoopty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »

We usually reply pretty quickly and we've already started actually. Right now we're going through the applications (didn't expect to receive so many!) and if you haven't received a reply yet, we will be in touch soon.

Never heard back from you guys on this one. Are replies still going out?
TheLizardfolk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 03:34:18 AM »

Never heard back from you guys on this one. Are replies still going out?

Well, I got rejected so you might still be in the running!
M2M_Studios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 08:49:16 AM »

Still waiting ..............................................................
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic