Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:56:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessA Quick Guide to Making Indie Game Trailers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Quick Guide to Making Indie Game Trailers  (Read 770 times)
ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2017, 06:43:33 AM »

Wrote this blogpost showing how I made the trailer for Academia : School Simulator.  You should have a pro do your trailer when you can afford it, but it was a fun exercise for me and I think it's doable for many devs.

http://www.academiagame.com/academia-blog-1/2017/8/24/how-i-made-the-trailer-for-academia-school-simulator

Happy to answer any additional questions here.

Woseseltops
Level 0

Language technologist by day, gamedev by night

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 07:25:13 AM »

Really nice and interesting, thanks!

Not sure if you're looking for feedback on your trailer, but in case you are: I found the titles a bit 'uncomfortable' to read... it's not that I cannot make out what they say, it's just that they take more effort to read. I spent a long time trying to figure out why, and I think it's because (1) the titles are taken from the same color palette as the background, (2) the background is moving, which grabs your attention. I think temporary blurring and darkening the background (both easy in Premiere) would solve this.
ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »

Really nice and interesting, thanks!

Not sure if you're looking for feedback on your trailer, but in case you are: I found the titles a bit 'uncomfortable' to read... it's not that I cannot make out what they say, it's just that they take more effort to read. I spent a long time trying to figure out why, and I think it's because (1) the titles are taken from the same color palette as the background, (2) the background is moving, which grabs your attention. I think temporary blurring and darkening the background (both easy in Premiere) would solve this.

Thanks, yeah I did have some concern about some of the text.  If there's enough time I will take another pass at the trailer to sort out those issues.

Ben D
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 01:56:40 PM »

Great post. I never heard of that video editor before. I'm surprised he didn't use Blender, it's free and I heard quite good.

I'm an indie game developer in Toronto Canada working on my first desktop title. Previously I used to run an online flash game studio.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic