Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:46:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMonster Hunter World
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Monster Hunter World  (Read 954 times)
Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2017, 08:36:11 PM »

Let's be real, I'm pretty hyped about this game.

Granted, I wasn't immediately sold on this new direction and I found the initial reveal to be pretty underwhelming (not enough action.) But the more I see of this game the more excited I get. Its kinda like they're taking the Monster Hunter systems and removing them each from their respective vacuums. The gameplay walkthrough above is a little slow, but it shows off some pretty cool stuff like being able to change your loadout in the middle of a quest. Also, I'm absolutely digging the fact that large monsters actually react to each other now instead of tunnel-visioning on the hunter 99% of the time.

Anyone else watching this one?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:17:53 AM »

i am all about this game streamlining the bullshit out of monster hunter, a series i know i am capable of liking.

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »

These "mantles" actually change things a lot. Crazy

• Ghillie Mantle: You're no longer required to zone-hop for healing purposes (not that you can do that anymore, anyway.) Stealth healing ftw.
  • Challenger Mantle: Hopefully this will cut down on the footsie marathons required to get monsters into traps.
  • Rocksteady Mantle: Seeing as they are rather prominent monster effects, being able to get wind/tremor resistance outside of armor builds is FANTASTIC.
  • Glider Mantle: Self-explanatory. Seriously.

And since they all have cooldowns/resource management, they look fairly balanced at a glance. I want. Kiss
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 02:51:07 PM »

i am all about this game streamlining the bullshit out of monster hunter, a series i know i am capable of liking.

Wat r they streamlinin
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »

Streamlining it into a different game.
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 09:30:01 PM »

It looks extremely good.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 08:48:38 PM »

Wat r they streamlinin
i don't know everything but you can harvest herbs and whatnot without stopping now

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic