Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:33:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsundeRLord
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: undeRLord  (Read 8541 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 12:20:40 AM »

Yep, Biclops is completely intentional. If ye ha'nt noticed we're trying to steer clear of traditional creatures and races and such, so there will likely be very few, if any, beings from established universes.

Perspective seems hard...your creating perspective lines to help and increase development of these?
nope wingin' it. Except for the masticator (seen above in Inane's post) - I used some rough lines for sketching it but nothing strict and they were gone in like five minutes.

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 12:52:46 AM »

If its intended then its cool to I guess. Noir

Though there's one thing I'd like to critique.
 That arm to our left has limbs that are stretched compared to the other and abducts from the body, making an almost uncomfortable pose. It bothers me, but its minor.
Its probably pointless to fix as you may be trying to conserve time.

I've got to say I like the subtle hue shift Xion. Mainly for the highlight, and it reminds me of some of AlexHW's work...older work, the ones with very little contrast.
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/42551.htm

Look forward to all your other things.
Awesome lips Inane

EDIT:
If ye ha'nt noticed we're trying to steer clear of traditional creatures and races and such, so there will likely be very few, if any, beings from established universes.
Mwahahahaha

Sorry couldn't help my self  :D Shrug
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:56:06 AM by Jim » Logged
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 03:26:59 AM »

Kiss Can't wait. Will there be classes, stats and such or will there be none of that?

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 11:09:49 AM »

will you have the annoying random items that most rouge-likes have. I think that you have to be really careful. I played a rougelike where my character was created and after ten steps died. on checkign out my characters random starting gear, I had been given "the Pants of mourning" or something like that, which harmed me at each step. Be super careful with how random this is.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 01:37:33 PM »

Jim: I'm not sure I like your edit on the arm. It seems so cramped and contained to me, even more uncomfortable than the original. and after all, it is a mutant Tongue
And I made the lips!

Kiss Can't wait. Will there be classes, stats and such or will there be none of that?
Stats will be simplified to a minimum and classes will be tied to race, but you'll probably be able to branch out into your own classes later and just use the races' stats as a starting point.

Be super careful with how random this is.
Word. Starting items will probably be mostly flavorless and just there so you aren't running around the dungeon naked

Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »

Jim: I'm not sure I like your edit on the arm. It seems so cramped and contained to me, even more uncomfortable than the original. and after all, it is a mutant Tongue
And I made the lips!
Lips you made. check Cool
Sorry my bad

Arm was rough edit/example of what I meant. Heck even I don't like the arm.
Though with the small amount of time I had during my Half final exams etc I see it as ok, you can more or less grasp what I was trying to do.

"Yawn" now for sleep.
Keep going Xion

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 08:38:17 PM »

Xion's working hard on the code front. Like the trooper he is.
Meanwhile, I'm content padding:

(mostly because my partner in crime here pointed out we have only metal clothing. Now we have punk, j-rock, and jogging-to-classic-rock clothes)

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 08:57:43 PM »

COMBAT
BLOOD

EVERYBODY BLEEDS

BECAUSE EVERYBODY MUST

Amount of blood is directly proportional to damage done. Hint: the large spots of blood are not not mine.
Do not fuck with the Biclops.

Kamos
Level 0

Hey.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 04:50:26 AM »

Those blood stains are looking good. Also, the variety in the clothing is awesome.

What now? Auras for magic weapons/armors? More blood? More monsters? A darker ambient + torches?  Addicted
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 10:16:42 AM »

The blood looks good. Awesome even.
What are those blue things on the walls? I can hardly make them out.

Poor lil guy has two beasties next to him Sad
I hope its reasonably easy to kill the biclops...
shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 10:30:43 AM »

Looking at those pics, it looks like the biclops Kiss takes up 2x2 grid squares. Is that right? If so, that's really cool - I can imagine ducking into those little 1-square-wide alcoves and doorways and outwitting him. He is slow and stupid right? Right? Well, hello there!

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »

Those blood stains are looking good. Also, the variety in the clothing is awesome.

What now? Auras for magic weapons/armors? More blood? More monsters? A darker ambient + torches?  Addicted
Those things all sound cool but basics first! Must tidy up the combat and then go on to the inventory and equipping things.

The blood looks good. Awesome even.
What are those blue things on the walls? I can hardly make them out.

Poor lil guy has two beasties next to him Sad
I hope its reasonably easy to kill the biclops...
The blue is just texture.
And no, biclops is not easy to kill. I think my hp was in the negative hundreds in that shot Tongue

Looking at those pics, it looks like the biclops Kiss takes up 2x2 grid squares. Is that right? If so, that's really cool - I can imagine ducking into those little 1-square-wide alcoves and doorways and outwitting him. He is slow and stupid right? Right? Well, hello there!
Right. Well, hello there!

You guyses replieses are really encouraging, thanks for all the support.  Grin

Grif
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 10:03:08 PM »

A game by inane and xion?

:!!!:

I will go pick up my SOCKS that and then reassemble my MIND and then get to playing this game once it's released.
ChevyRay
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2009, 10:10:19 PM »

I wholeheartedly approve of this collaboration. F-ING A, yo. Beer!
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2009, 10:48:27 PM »

How did I not know about this thread!?!

Anyway, this should be bitchin'!  Beer!
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »

This looks awesome, the sprites are awesome, the blood looks cool, this will be awesome. Beer!

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

this looks very good. i will watch it

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 01:11:37 PM »

Ow man, this all looks great.  Kiss  I'ma watch the hell outa this thread.

astrospoon
Level 4

Andy Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »

looking radical. I'm pretty much posting here so I can keep updated on this. Noice.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 12:25:45 AM »

If I have my way every unique enemy will have a description, like in Steamband Smiley
In theory, these descriptions, combined with data gathered from repeated playthroughs, will eventually allow the enemy characters to gain sentience, and take over your computer. The ultimate goal of this if of course to cause your computer to build itself into a mobile 'command-center' of sorts, using various USB peripherals needed to play the game (Belkin brand wireless ball-peen hammer (we're trying to find a non-Belkin model, of superior quality, since this one intermittently stops working for no reason even when it's well within the wireless range), the iBlowtorch, inconspicuous wheels that seem to serve no purpose but contain a large motor powered by the USB ports on your computer). Although our game will be freeware, these peripherals, required to play the game will cost around 40 US dollars. In addition, you will also need to purchase around 8 pounds of scrap metal (preferably stainless steel) to keep your computer from cannibalizing itself in order to make itself into the mobile command it dreams of being.
Certainly, you may wonder why your computer should be a mobile command-center for some unknown collective entity, but it's part of our privacy policy not to take advantage of the wheels on your computer to steal it and sell it on the internet at discount prices (though we reserve the right to use it for personal use), and the majority of these command centers will merely be used to create an artificial intelligence (we like to call it SHODAN here at Xion-Inane games) to make your videogame dreams a reality.

In da bottom right is Revolver Remi, a piratical boss.

Here's a crappy shanty I made for her descripton:

Beautiful Remi,
 In caves and coves and yonder
She shoots sailors, so many
 Giving no time for thought or ponder
Beautiful revolver Remi,
 the cannon that she carries,
of silver, gunpowder and ivory
 fires true into those she buries.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:31:15 AM by Inane » Logged

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic