Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:41:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAurora - A Space combat game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Aurora - A Space combat game  (Read 3015 times)
Omer_Lahire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 06:01:08 PM »

Adding effects for when bullets hit.

For unknown reasons sometimes the effect doesnt appear.
Omer_Lahire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 06:25:01 PM »

Adding Beam turrets

aswell as cruisers

Omer_Lahire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 03:10:07 PM »

Working on making a demo level, I will upload it here when done.
Omer_Lahire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 04:02:11 PM »

Have most demo level scripts done in the demo the player will have to stay within 500 meters of a radar jamming ship as it flies to radar buoys that the player must destroy as the RJ Ship goes on its course enemies spawn in to attack, at the last radar buoy the player must destroy a stationary enemy cruiser.

Right now I need to add win and lose conditions as well as have text boxes appear at certain mission events.

In the mean time I have added in some space stations that I made a few weeks ago.

Lowbit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 09:28:30 PM »

Neat! I'm a huge sucker for follow-the-cursor third-person space fighters. There doesn't seem to be a lot of them, though. I know about Freelancer, Everspace, and now Aurora. Are there any others?

Looking forward to the demo.
Omer_Lahire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »

Neat! I'm a huge sucker for follow-the-cursor third-person space fighters. There doesn't seem to be a lot of them, though. I know about Freelancer, Everspace, and now Aurora. Are there any others?

Looking forward to the demo.

There's the X games and Darkstar but X is more a trading building game than a combat game and Darkstar is pretty dull. 

I'm hoping that Aurora will be kind of like Freelancer game play crossed with Freespace mission structure.
Thanks for your interest the Demo, should be up next week.
Omer_Lahire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 03:54:38 PM »

Added space dust after feedback that it is hard to tell your movement and speed without looking at the speedometer.

(Dust is smaller in game, larger because of gif quality)

Alpha Demo is mostly finished but the enemy AI needs to be better before I release it.
Omer_Lahire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been having alot of trouble with making enemy weapons lead the player and other enemy AI things(AI is hard), I also ran into a problem with turrets rotation pop up a few days ago that took up a lot of my time and still isnt fixed.

The demo is finished but with the enemy targeting and AI at the level they are now the combat is very one sided in favor of the player and just doesn't feel good, so I'm not going to release the demo until I've fixed these issues.

Sorry for the delay, but thank you for following my project and I hope things will go smoother in the future.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic