Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 07:41:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioLooking for feedback for my demo reel!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for feedback for my demo reel!  (Read 842 times)
Gnommy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2017, 05:15:27 AM »

Hello! I just finished this demo reel and I want to know what you think.

(sorry for my english..  Roll Eyes)

nanoriver
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:33:59 AM »

Hey Gnommy(or Thomas) Smiley

I do music production, mixing and mastering for about 10 years. I try to give you as good as feedback as possible ...

I think your sounds are good, but not great and i am talking about the choice of effects and about the execution of mixing. The sounds that you presented are very average, like the gun shot or the beam sound at 1:48. This is like the 101 of sound design Wink That is totally okay when you are on the look for work in that area, but i personally really like it when a sound designer creates totally individuell sounds that transport you into the game Smiley Something that has never been done before(Yahh i know this is hard to manage Smiley).

One thing i definitly would change is your voice. Your voice is way to small because you are using that old telephone effect. Better go for a high quality sound of your voice here and speak loud and clear, otherwise it is to hard to understand you Smiley

Best of success!
Gnommy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 05:57:40 AM »

Thank you for the feedback nanoriver.
This is my first demo reel, and I know that my sound design is not the best. I hope, however, that there is something good in this demo.

Thanks again for criticism  Smiley
nanoriver
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:09:24 AM »

Hey Gnommy,

of course no problem Wink Do not get what i said wrong, keep doing sound design, you are good! But always learn and improve yourself and try to be more experimental(of course thats just my opinion). As i told you before, i wish you the best of success for your future Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic