Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411945 Posts in 69435 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 12, 2024, 07:09:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosThe Magic Circle's Music Station!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Magic Circle's Music Station!  (Read 394 times)
The Magic Circle
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2017, 04:06:31 PM »

Hi!

You can call me Kit. I've been composing music for a couple of years for a project I've been working on with some friends, and I figured that composing music for other people would help get me involved with the community.

Here's some of my stuff. We've (well, I've) got everything from electroswingy dubstep to Latin-influenced speed metal to an unholy combination of 20th century classical techniques combined with drum n bass, to trippy, Earthboundy, chiptunes.

Listen to my mixtape, fam???

With that out of the way, let's get to talking about what I can do for you, and what you should do if you want me to do things for you.

I'm not a formally trained composer (that may change), but I ravenously consume theory and am constantly trying to improve my skills in arranging, composing, and sound design. I will gleefully do whatever you want. Do you want a country style bluegrass jam over a screaming acid house bassline? Can do. Do you want a bombastic orchestral arrangement but where every instrument is a bike horn? Glad to oblige. Do you want to go avant-garde and make your game's OST completely silent? Works for me.

I will gleefully do whatever you want me to do. Do you want a country style bluegrass jam over a screaming acid house bassline? Can do. Do you want a bombastic orchestral arrangement but where every instrument is a bike horn? Glad to oblige. Do you want to go avant-garde and make your game's OST completely silent? Works for me....even if I have no idea why you'd commission me for that.

If this sounds good to you, and I'm hoping it does, let's start talking about prices.

PRICING:

You can pay in two different ways. I either work for $10 an hour (rounded to the nearest hour), or $20 per minute of music (rounded to the nearest thirty seconds). If you want to pay per minute, keep in mind that revisions cost extra.

If you give me a good idea of what you want, I can crank something out for you lasting about two minutes in about three to five hours. Basically, paying per minute of music or per hour of work will come out to about the same price, so it's really up to you.

BUDGETING:

I'm admittedly new to this, so if you need to figure out whether you can pay for me or how my prices compare to other people, I'm happy to give you an estimate if you give me a budget, a tracklist, and a general style. Youtube links as references are a good idea - these help a lot when it comes to figuring out what I can do for you.

I'm also down to give you a quick snippet of music lasting between thirty to forty five seconds if you want to know what to expect when you work with me. Keep in mind that it won't be a complete track, but it'll probably help us reach an understanding regarding workflow, communication, etc.

If hiring me sounds like a good idea (it is), feel free to email me at [email protected]. I'll be waiting for you.

Cheers!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic