Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:18:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Best way for artists to collaborate?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Best way for artists to collaborate?  (Read 732 times)
etoir
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »

I'm trying to pull together a demo for my metroidvania with a small team of people. Two or them are artists and would be working on different art assets for the same part of the game. What is the best way that they can work together without stepping on each other's designs? Programmers have git, so we can always coordinate tasks and see progress right away. Is there something like that that works for artists? I was thinking of using a Trello board but I don't know how confusing that may be.  Gomez
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 11:11:18 PM »

Are you talking on Slack or Dischord?

Having a person who is The Boss and gets to draw over everyone else's art is probably the one easy way to ensure a cohesive look. When it comes to art, one person either has the Final Word -or- you decide that it's okay if it turns out less cohesive -or- you squabble a lot about it

those are the only ways conflicts can work out in my experience. the alternative is that you're all so in sync that you don't have conflicts, but in that case all you need is to just make the art and not think too much about how to make it work
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic