Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:00:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Soldier Model - Feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Soldier Model - Feedback  (Read 1982 times)
PaleBlueSean
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:59:13 AM »

Here is the latest toon shaded model I've been working on - a WW1 soldier. Wanted to post it here to C&C. Modeled/Rigged in Maya and implemented in Unity, where I'm using some camera effects from the "Colorful FX" package to get that rough look. I think it looks great when a character has limited frames, but breaks down a bit when the movement is super smooth, like in the gif.

What do you all think of the model? Shapes, proportions, clothing? I'm not in love with the weapon proportions myself - it feels off somehow compared to him.

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 11:06:57 PM »

I think it looks amazing. I won't say anything on the topic of color coordination since that's irrelevant without without a background for comparison (but it looks great and the colors are super tasteful)

You're right about the gun. It could probably be shorter and more chubby. I feel like it's important to feel that there's an actual muzzle at the end and that it's not just a solid metal rod.

(maybe a bayonet)?

I especially love how his face is cute and yet very stern and soldier-like at the same time.

I really don't have anything for you - All I want to see is more stuff in this style.
PaleBlueSean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:09:36 AM »

Thanks for checking this out Jad!

I agree about the weapon. I need to flesh out the muzzle area more and you're dead on about it needing to be a little shorter and chubbier. The character has the classic Micky-esque cute proportions but the weapon doesn't. I'll spend some time with it thsi week and re-upload.

Thanks!

woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 03:27:09 AM »

I think it's very good. Maybe bit too cute looking for my tastes, but depends on the astetics you are striving for. Maybe add dirt/mud to face/clothing.

PaleBlueSean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 09:11:03 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Melerski!

Here is a quick pass at adding just a bit of dirt around the character. I'm trying to be careful not to add too much fine noise, but I do like how it looks on the characters face. Also added some subtle spectacular to the helmet, but not sure about it. What do you all think?

flatingo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 03:11:17 AM »

Love this style. Reminds Chibi style

domnick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »

Looks good, but I agree that it is too cute.

zizulot
Level 0

ZIZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 04:27:42 AM »

Dont judge the book from its cover =D
EdwardDKings
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »

Really liked it. The blurry effect, even if not intended, gave me a sense of watercolors, and I thought that would be a pretty cool direction it could go in.

I like the weapon's proportion too.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 02:05:57 AM »

I'm not too keen on the head proportion, but that's because chibi-like design doesn't tickle my fancy.

Yeah.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic