Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:35:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Storm (Indie horror, puzzle, survival)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Storm (Indie horror, puzzle, survival)  (Read 581 times)
gearspec
Level 0

Programming to Free my Soul

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2017, 01:08:29 PM »

Hello, everyone  This is my first devlog.

Well thinking of creating a zombie survival horror game where you are a regular hard working sales man who takes shelter in an abandoned building to escape a storm, only to wake up few days later and the town is completely empty and well....zombie outbreak. Escape to Evacuation zone. Survive, Craft, Solve Puzzles and mini games (might put Polybius on the arcade machine, lol).

I was thinking on the lines of Jasper Byrne's Lone Survivor, which was really enjoyable and gripping for me.

Well, honestly  Who, Me? I am scared of sharing stuff. Been learning pixel art for the last 2 weeks using Youtube and this is what I could come up with. I do everything in photoshop and then import to unity. Images might be a too big , click to see the whole thing.

So, is anyone still interested in playing this kind a stuff? Just got the player walking and been creating environments. What I am struggling with is Environment art , how do I fill a room with stuff ? and what kind of stuff, Designing useful and fun puzzles, Storyboarding etc. I have been doing research & reading regarding these, help and advice appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 03:10:42 AM by gearspec » Logged

Try my game :Try Hard Parking on Steam. . Check out my Blog:Libre Garage
gearspec
Level 0

Programming to Free my Soul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

Try my game :Try Hard Parking on Steam. . Check out my Blog:Libre Garage
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic