Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:38:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhy are so many Computer Scientists and Software Engineers anti social?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Author Topic: Why are so many Computer Scientists and Software Engineers anti social?  (Read 12209 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2017, 06:56:51 PM »

More to the point, Gene Simmons' birth name is not Eugene, but Chaim Witz (though he legally changed his name to Eugene Klein).
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2017, 01:35:07 AM »

dna methylation (and acetylation) is simply another method of affecting gene expression that is much faster and more reactive to environmental changes than evolution. as methylation requires methyl donors, diets poor in folate can thus "prime" gametes for a food scarce environment. however there is a sexual dimorphism at play here in that the egg that forms a child was originally formed in the grandmother, not the mother, and so maternal metabolic factors may take longer to affect offspring than paternal.

again this is all related to protein expression and thus far i have seen no evidence that there are any genes that have conserved because they gave our ancient ancestors an evolutionary advantage because they understood qbasic better than a boar.

also i am Literally a microbiome researcher and i would say to you that yes the microbiome is very important for the development of organisms but also it is much less important than a lot of people would have you believe and the methods we have for researching it are terrible at best.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2017, 07:46:11 AM »

Wine has sulphites. Beware, my friends. I care for your wellbeing.

Yeah.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2017, 01:40:42 PM »

dna methylation (and acetylation) is simply another method of affecting gene expression that is much faster and more reactive to environmental changes than evolution. as methylation requires methyl donors, diets poor in folate can thus "prime" gametes for a food scarce environment. however there is a sexual dimorphism at play here in that the egg that forms a child was originally formed in the grandmother, not the mother, and so maternal metabolic factors may take longer to affect offspring than paternal.

again this is all related to protein expression and thus far i have seen no evidence that there are any genes that have conserved because they gave our ancient ancestors an evolutionary advantage because they understood qbasic better than a boar.

also i am Literally a microbiome researcher and i would say to you that yes the microbiome is very important for the development of organisms but also it is much less important than a lot of people would have you believe and the methods we have for researching it are terrible at best.

Thanks for that answer, that was awesome!

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2017, 01:49:03 PM »

Thanks for that answer, that was awesome!

look up the dutch hunger winter if you are interested in epigenetic pop science and the paper Epigenetic inheritance at the agouti locus in the mouse
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »

I was aware of winter one already, I look the agouti, turns out that's a famous animal (unrelated to the term) here lol

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »

I bought a bag of quinoa that was on sale and regardless of its miraculous health properties it's a pretty decent grain to cook with
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2017, 02:00:01 PM »

one of the cool things about studying medical genetics is finding out that it was mathematically proven in like 1908 that it would take 1000 years of perfect negative eugenics to reduce the incidence of even the most simple single gene disorders by half and the nazis still happened along with the dozens of insane frustrated virgins espousing eugenics worldwide for decades
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2017, 02:01:45 PM »

Do you have a source for that I would like to print it out and put it in my pillow case so I can have good dreams
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2017, 02:03:30 PM »

Do you have a source for that I would like to print it out and put it in my pillow case so I can have good dreams
look up the hardy weinberg law
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »

I bought a bag of quinoa that was on sale and regardless of its miraculous health properties it's a pretty decent grain to cook with
I placed an order for two kilos of peanut butter from the UK. I'm gonna keep doing this until brexit bumps it down from the best PB deal for me

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2017, 02:09:16 PM »

I placed an order for two kilos of peanut butter from the UK. I'm gonna keep doing this until brexit bumps it down from the best PB deal for me
what kind of peanut butter do you get. i want to like the meridian peanut butter but i prefer the whole earth. i dont buy whole earth any more though because of palm oil. life is tough.
Squire Grooktook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »

This is all relevant to my lore.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2017, 02:16:27 PM »

what kind of peanut butter do you get. i want to like the meridian peanut butter but i prefer the whole earth. i dont buy whole earth any more though because of palm oil. life is tough.

I have peanut butter sandwiches for lunch quite often and I basically try to get the "peanuts + oil" with no sugar or whatever but anyways I got curious just now and looked and the stuff I has includes palm oil

is that bad, and how bad
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2017, 02:28:20 PM »

gotta love palm oil. just gives food that "extra spice".
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2017, 02:40:41 PM »

this stuff which doesn't contain palm oil. I only get close to 100% pb because palm oil concerns and obsessive purity/imagined value for money reasons. This in particular is made without removing the skin of the peanut which lends it a very slightly astringent taste which I find pleasant but others might disagree.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2017, 02:45:26 PM »

I have peanut butter sandwiches for lunch quite often and I basically try to get the "peanuts + oil" with no sugar or whatever but anyways I got curious just now and looked and the stuff I has includes palm oil

is that bad, and how bad
palm oil is fine if you're ok with murdering orangutans and permanently destroying their last remaining natural habitats

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2017, 02:54:52 PM »

this stuff which doesn't contain palm oil. I only get close to 100% pb because palm oil concerns and obsessive purity/imagined value for money reasons. This in particular is made without removing the skin of the peanut which lends it a very slightly astringent taste which I find pleasant but others might disagree.
peanut butter without the pericarp isnt worth eating. also i cant eat anything from myprotein.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »

[living in the grey hellworld of infomercials where life is a desperate struggle to use doorhandles, milk bottles, breathe unaided, etc] If only there were some kind of oil product with a peanut flavour.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2017, 03:00:56 PM »

peanut butter without the pericarp isnt worth eating. also i cant eat anything from myprotein.
is this a health thing or something else

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic