Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:34:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)ProGameKit: multiplatform, data driven 2D game engine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ProGameKit: multiplatform, data driven 2D game engine  (Read 589 times)
deWiTTERS
Level 1

deWiTTERS

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2017, 02:08:38 AM »

This is not really an announcement of a new game engine, but more to see if anyone would be interested in me Open Sourcing my existing game framework.

I'm currently working on a game making tool called RPG Playground, and it's powered by a custom written game engine. At some point I want to release this underlying engine as Open Source. So my question is: Do you already want it?

Benefits:
- Data driven, which means most things can be reloaded while the game is being played.
- Component system (such as Unity3D), fully defined in a YAML file. This is part of the data, so can be modified at runtime.
- Multiplatform thanks to using Haxe and Kha: export to HTML5, mobile, desktop and consoles. GPU accelerated with software rendering as fallback.

This engine can also be considered more of an integration engine. It uses other libraries such as Kha (for rendering), Box2D (physics), etc. It adds the data driven part, and component system on top of it. So it's also an easy to extend engine.

So, my main question, are you interested? Do you need to know more?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic