Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:39:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsTeam (Code/Design/Biz) looking for Team (Code/Art/UX) to launch Strategy Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Team (Code/Design/Biz) looking for Team (Code/Art/UX) to launch Strategy Game  (Read 448 times)
dbltnk
Level 0

Alexander Zacherl

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2017, 04:38:29 AM »

Hello everybody.

Sebi and myself have been making games together for the last 6 years. We've done everything from a couple dozen small jam games up to a full-fledged Sandbox-MMO with a proper budget and a larger team. Our focus lies on system-heavy multiplayer online games.

Right now we are working on a side-project called the Competitive Games Collective under which we want to release a number of two-player strategy games for different platforms together with different collaborators.

The first game we are working on has the working title "Push". It's a two-player turn-based fully-deterministic asymmetric strategy game. Too many words? Think "play-by-mail Chess/Checkers/Go with different rules" and you are about right.

We currently have a first semi-open alpha version out on Android (just download it and play) and we've got a semi-closed alpha version out for iOS (email me to get in: [email protected]). Be warned: Placeholder art! This build is meant to collect gameplay and balancing feedback and does neither contain monetization nor any level of decent UX.

We are currently working on AI, leaderboards and matchmaking for the game. And we would also love to start working on the game client in earnest. We're good at doing gameplay and backend code, design and product management as well as marketing. But we do not have the time (or the skills) to deliver a great client with proper UX and visual polish. So we are looking for YOU to work with us on the game to fix that. =D

We are looking for a small team (2-3 people) or even a single artist/designer/developer who want to take over ownership of the game client and

• develop the art style for the game from scratch
  • create a proper tutorial and screen flow for new and existing users
  • make sure that game feel is awesome, especially on touch devices
  • use VFX, SFX and music to the fullest
  • and create a bunch of new features such as taunts, stickers and avatars

Sebi and I are going to continue working on the gameplay side of things, the backend, as well as all analytics, monetization and marketing tasks. We've got no time pressure but I would like to aim for a soft launch in mid-2018. We are working on this on a rev-share basis and would like to continue the collaboration that way. But if we find someone amazing who cannot self-fund their side of things we might be able to fund them as well - to a degree.

As for tech: The current client is built in Unity but we're open to any other frameworks. It communicates with the backend via HTTPS. Notifications are built on top of Firebase. Gameplay code is written in C# (Unity) and the backend mostly in Go with some Javascript. We're targeting iOS and Android for the soft launch and we're very interested in exploring iMessage and  the Facebook messenger as the next target platforms.

Interested? Then please do ping me via email ([email protected]) and we'll go into the details.

Alex
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic