Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:42:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Writer] Offering Services For the Low Low Price of Free
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Writer] Offering Services For the Low Low Price of Free  (Read 1287 times)
Uplinked
Level 0

Part time writer, full time badass.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2017, 12:23:20 PM »

Hello, greetings, and salutations. You've either clicked here because you're looking for a writer for free, or because you're here to move my post to the correct discussion board, so I greet you both.  Gomez

The name is Uplinked, and I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been told my writing has a certain charm and wit that is seldom found in other writers. I love writing, it's quite possibly my favorite thing to do. Even now, I am currently engaged in a literary battle between myself and another schoolmate because he stole one of my ideas. And like they say in Rapper's Delight, "Y'never let a MC steal your rhyme!"  Gomez

I haven't yet written for a game or any form of game fiction, but I'd be pleased to do anything from lore to item descriptions, and anything in between. I have, however, written a lot in general. Mostly school reports, but most have my own twists on them, anything from a satire on Hitler's rise to power to my own coming of age story back in first grade. (I'd be more than pleased to share these with anyone interested in seeing them.) PLEASE contact me at [email protected] rather than on here, as I seldom check here. Gomez

Keep in mind, I work for free. If you want to toss a couple of bucks my way at the end for some coffee, only if you're pleased with my work, I will find a way for you to do so. I look forward to hearing from everyone!  Gomez

Addition: I have a website now! https://uplinkedxd.wixsite.com/wordforge
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:07:41 PM by Uplinked » Logged

Uplinked

Writer, Student, Passionate Lover
I write things, and you should definitely have me write things for you.
Uplinked
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:19:33 AM »

Hello freeloaders people looking for a free writer! You should go ahead and read that post right up there.  Hand Thumbs Up Right And now, I have a portfolio! Maybe this will convince some other people to use me and abuse me have me do some writing for them!

Portfolio: https://uplinked.contently.com/

Uplinked

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 12:04:02 AM »

For what it's worth, I like your style Smiley "or because you're here to move my post to the correct discussion board" made me smile. Good luck!

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
Uplinked
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 07:24:27 AM »

Thank you so much Grhyll!  Gomez

That quote is even better because they did end up moving it! I hadn't used Tig in forever and I wasn't sure what category my post would have fallen under at the time.

Uplinked

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 11:10:49 PM »

Btw I've read some of your texts in your portofolio, it's nice but I find it hard to make an opinion about how you would do for a video game based on them. They are very literary (as you might already know), and I can't say how well your "wit" for example could be translated in a format closer to video game (dialog + env storytelling only for example, or short sentences coming at a slow pace...). Maybe I'm just stating the obvious, but having something closer to video game in your portofolio could be a good thing, be it a script or even a short and simple Twine game (https://crowscrowscrows.itch.io/the-temple-of-no for example - well maybe not a short and simple example, but one of the few I've played).

3-50.net
Uplinked
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 07:39:50 AM »

That's great, thank you. Thankfully, I have five people looking for me to write for them, so hopefully, sometime in the near future, I'll have some game writing in there as well. I included those papers just to show I did demonstrate some literary skill, and that I'm not just some kid trying to get into writing. Thank you for the feedback, once I'm done with some more writing for those games, I'll ask the game developers if they wouldn't mind me including it in my portfolio. 

Uplinked

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 12:29:22 PM »

Hehe nice, good luck Smiley

3-50.net
Uplinked
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 07:08:09 PM »

I created a website for myself now! https://uplinkedxd.wixsite.com/wordforge

Uplinked

Uplinked
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 01:25:52 PM »

Bump  Gomez

Uplinked

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic