Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:56:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThe "Photo Sensitivity Warning / Seizure" screen is nonsens!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: The "Photo Sensitivity Warning / Seizure" screen is nonsens!  (Read 4535 times)
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2017, 04:42:04 AM »

The poster actually complained that he can't play the game at all now. A warning at game start-up is useless not enough. You will need a warning on the Store page for this. So that they don't buy at all.
Fixed. You're welcome.

Ever heard of "minimalism" being a design philosophy? And you still haven't descripted an actual scenario, and compared those two. Which means you are running out of arguments.
The art style/movement of minimalism has nothing to do with removing seizure warnings that appear before the game or show even starts, i.e. the warnings are not part of the work itself they are displayed before the work is viewed. Nice try, though.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2017, 04:51:28 AM »

Do NOT tell me the following is a presentation of Home Box Office as it may offend my minimalist design sensibilities, I say to a cow in the middle of an empty field
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:34:56 AM by Superb Joe » Logged
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2017, 04:57:50 AM »

Wow, it's like posting in the Steam forums here. Great job "game devs". -.-
hey you dumbass bitch, you are complaining about an inoffensive warning screen that precedes gameplay, which is only ever present amongst other splash screens, on the basis that the government are going to somehow force you to include it, based on absolutely fucking nothing. if your bizarre paranoid fantasy ever came to pass it would have absolutely no impact whatsoever on the product on any conceivable level. people are rightfully rounding on you because your complaints are insane: you are insane. your brain is fucking mush if this is a problem to you. you shouldn't be worried about other people having photosensitive epilepsy, you should be wondering what cosmic fuckup placed your zero tier sentience in a creature that has photoreceptors or higher brain functions at all, instead of something more appropriate like a tapeworm.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:35:01 AM by Superb Joe » Logged
JWK5
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2017, 05:00:02 AM »

Do NOT tell me the following is a presentation of Home Box Office as it may offend my minimalist design sensibilities, I say to a cow in the middle of an empty field
If it's any consolation, your words of wisdom will have contributed to the making of a delicious hamburger one day.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2017, 05:19:22 AM »

Me, a good dev:  Cares about the community and potential customer base

You, sitting in a plush, overstuffed crush velvet chair, struggling to light a wax Daffy Duck candle to smoke like a cigar; surrounded by wooden blocks spelling out the word "PHILOSOPHY" but some of the letters are upside-down:  I hope other humans in my sphere of influence literally suffer pain and trauma for my half-formed worldview informed by a thirty year old George Carlin routine.  Namaste.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2017, 05:38:43 AM »

Sorry, I feel like some of my posts in this thread were a bit immature. I've gone back and edited them.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2017, 05:47:34 AM »

My bedroom window didn't come with an epilepsy warning. Of course installing curtains is the hardest job in the world, and you're expected to.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2017, 12:32:47 AM »

this thread still blows my mind, and i hope the op can forgive my terrible rudeness and expand on his worries
JWK5
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2017, 05:07:04 AM »

My guess is that the OP approached it from a principle of the matter angle without really considering the full ramifications of it and its purpose and once they met resistance on it they dug in their heels and wouldn't budge from their position in some stubborn attempt not to lose face. In all fairness it is a pretty easy thing to wind up doing, the internet facilitates that kind of behavior well. There are so many times where I'd found myself defending some bullshit position that I'd later be like "Why the hell was I even arguing about that!?" Sometimes you just get stuck on "winning" rather than really considering, and eventually you'll say anything just to get the "win" (no matter how stupid). It can be very difficult to pull yourself out of that nosedive and just bow out or better yet admit you were wrong.

Or I am wrong and the OP really is just an asshole who has some bitter grudge against informing the epileptic.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2017, 05:23:27 AM »

minimalism design philosophy...

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2017, 05:29:45 AM »

he should close access to his twitter account before someone screengrabs his likes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 06:03:38 AM »

This seems a little excessive tbh

Anyway, locking this thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic