Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:24:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLoony Run 2 - Multiplayer 2D platformer game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Loony Run 2 - Multiplayer 2D platformer game  (Read 2354 times)
Sergio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:52:17 AM »

Welcome to the devlog of Loony Run 2!

Twitter: @LoonyRunGame

About the game

The game is a mixture of many things that I love, all in one:

- A 2D platformer where you control the character similar to what you did with Super Mario or Sonic.
- A multiplayer online game where your objective is to get first to the finish line, so it's also:
- A racing game.
- You will be using a ton of different power-ups that you will find along the maps to attack your opponents or to get an advantage.
- The maps themselves are challenging and fun to play.
- It will also have a single player mode.

All that together in the same place.

So, if I had to describe it as short as I could I would say that it is what you would see if you mixed Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart in one game.

I love those games and I've played them for countless hours. I wanted to see a game like this, so I did put myself to work.

Development

I am reworking the whole game but I will keep the look & feel of the first Loony Run, and in addition to that I will be improving and expanding it with much more abilities and content.
Since I'm developing Loony Run 2 on Unity, it will be multiplatform this time: Android, iOS and PC.
I will be posting here and on Twitter all my progress.

Screenshots

These are old screenshots, but at least you can get an idea:

Here I'm just testing out a multiplayer level by myself:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:53:16 AM by Sergio » Logged

Working on Loony Run 2<br />Twitter @LoonyRunGame
Sergio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:37:42 AM »

I'm working on the clothing system.

I've been struggling to get the sprites on top of the champions well synchronized, but after some tweaking I'm seing results.
First they would be animating at different times, so the hats were some frames delayed to the champion animation. I made a script that sends the champion's clothes his animation state at all times and made some synchro layers for them.

Here you can see the first couple of hats working properly

And some more hats with more champions!

There are way much more clothes and accesories so I guess it will take some time.

Sergio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 08:39:11 AM »

Hello everyone!

Today I'm going to talk about some Power-ups that I'm working on.

The first one is the classic invulnerability that makes your champion a walking weapon. I thought of using a particle system with stars to make the visuals.
Let me show you one of the iteration tests:

And the final result:

Another one is the grenade. It has an area of effect, so you will be able to potentially kill more than one enemy with it.
I wanted to test it out intensively, so I thought I might play some basketball while at it Giggle

Another one that I've been working on is the bomb. It does basically what bombs do:

And this is it for today. I will be showing you the rest of the power-ups that I'm working on as they come. Let me know what you think or if you have some ideas that you want to share with me.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:12:00 AM by Sergio » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic