Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:31:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBrave Modern Times - Visual Novel Devlog
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Brave Modern Times - Visual Novel Devlog  (Read 620 times)
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2017, 10:28:44 AM »

Welcome to Brave Modern Times DevLog.

What is This?
Brave Modern Times is a Visual Novel set in a future were technology is hated, cloning and robots are everywhere, and global warming has flooded large parts of the city.

Why This?
I wanted to tell a story like this in game but could not think of any Gameplay features for it so I made it more like a book were you learn about what is going on in the world.

Gameplay?
There is little Gameplay in Brave Modern Times. In the game you click on buttons to figure out what will happen next in the story. An example would be reacting cheerfully to someone to start off a conversation or reacting to them rudely will make them not want to talk to you. You can die in some situations but all it dose is re-start the level.

Characters
These are not final I can go and change/fix them if they look bad.

You: You play as the main character that is never described in the story. Because the character is you (The Player).

Noel Smith

Heather Version 1 there will other versions of her in different clothing.

Janet Wells

Kurt Green

Anything Else?

Feedback is always nice. It makes a person better  Smiley
When ever I get some more work done I'll post it here to see if people like it.

Thank you
LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »

I've made a Demo and placed it on Itch.io I'll have a link below to it for you to try it out. All the Demo for this game is the first 2 chapters in the 5 chapter story.

PLAY DEMO HERE
----
https://lunarwater.itch.io/brave-modern-times
----

I love getting feedback on stuff I've done and welcome it even if you don't like it in general or simple Hand Thumbs Up Left or Hand Thumbs Down Left could do I don't know it's up to you. Thank You for stopping and looking (and possibly commenting). Smiley

Anyway...

I have more pictures to show off today Most of these I've made already and are in the demo.

Pictures.

Cleo: The clone with a robot brain inside her. Created by Noel Smith.

Your Home

Outside Solace Cloning Lab

The Lunch Room in Solace Cloning Lab

Inside the Bar you like to go to.

Background in Chapter 3

LunarWater
Level 0

Water on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 11:24:15 AM »

I've been hard at work on the game making new backgrounds. I have all the backgrounds done for the Chapter 3 and will be starting the to make different designs for the some of the characters.

I don't really have much else to say on this other them it forever to make the shanty town background. I try to be fast but sometimes it takes a wail.  Shrug  if you think I'm slow then you are 100% correct. Embarrassed

I thank anyone that stops by to look even if they have nothing to say I still thank you.

Anyway... Picture Time

Abounded Collage

Cafe - Outside

Cafe - Inside

Shanty Town

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic