Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:39:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[CLOSED] Looking for a composer for our game Immortal Doctrine
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Looking for a composer for our game Immortal Doctrine  (Read 1365 times)
twill14
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »

Hello all,

I wanted to thank everyone who participated in the trials, it was a pleasure to listen to your music and hear the many different visions that each of your had for the game.

We have decided on our composer.

For those of you whom we did not reach, we apologize as the sheer number of people we had contact us was a both surprising and a little overwhelming.

Thank you all for you participation and we hope to bring you all an awesome game in the future.

Cheers,

Thomas W.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings

We are Grand Scheme Games and we are currently looking for a music composer for our game Immortal Doctrine.

Here I’ll list some important details regarding our needs for the game and walk you through the process we’ve created to make the best music for the game we possibly can.

It’s a lot of information, but it’s important :D

Key Elements

Our plan for Immortal Doctrine is to have it become a powerful new IP in the realm of current competitive RPGS.

Therefore, ensuring the quality of music given what we can afford is key.

Currently the game is about 70% complete and in order to take care of a solid 5%, we need music and sound effects.

We’d like to go back to a period of time where music was most iconic and memorable. When constraints forced composers and developers to make their songs rich with melodies that were easy to learn and get stuck into people’s heads.

We wish to have something of this nature for the Immortal Doctrine main theme.

So the first thing is a main theme with a rich Melody.

Another element we’ve been exploring is that of a strong Leitmotif. A musical signature of familiarity that will instantly remind players of our game as soon as it is heard.

We’d like to incorporate this leitmotif throughout the other musical scores in the game when appropriate.

So the second thing is a main theme with a strong Leitmotif.

The final thing we want is music that encompasses the mood and feelings of the game and characters.

In general, the world of Purgoria is cursed with darkness and pain, but despite that, it  has a side of bright vivid color and whimsical-ness to it.

It’s important to reflect that parallel in the soundtrack as much as possible.

So the third thing we need is a blend of Grit and Whimsicality.

Styles We Are Looking For Hand Point Left

The styles and types of music we're aiming for in the soundtrack are styles similar to that of games like Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Phantasia (Ymir Forest is a special favorite) and the OG Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and the first Nier (not automata) soundtracks.

Very melodic, with a nice jig, a slight tinge of folk, while accompanied by a general whimsical theme and directly from the heart.

Something from the PS2 and Gamecube era of music.

For those of who may remember, the game shares a slight soul with games like the Secret of Mana series.

I hope that these examples provide you guys with a stronger idea of what sounds we're aiming for. However, that preference is not necessarily hard set.

Immortal Doctrine explores the vast lands of Frayla, and so immersion is key.

The Process

We’d like to go about preparing the music in whichever way you feel most comfortable.

But to make things easier for you, I’ve went ahead and made video samples for all of the areas that involve music tracks.

With exceptions to the intro portion of the game explaining the story and the final theme, all music needs are pretty stand-alone.

(We’ll talk about the intro pieces and final pieces later on as they are slight exceptions)

The process is as follows:

I have prepared videos of the game. The videos contain music that I have been temporarily using to stand in. The music i’ve used conveys the general theme and in many cases the speed, rhythms, tempos and overall feelings that I want that specific area to have.

We can use the videos as a discussion point.

However, the second purpose of the videos is to provide you with a resource to compose your music to.

You can just mute the video and watch the gameplay as you come toward an inspiration for what music you believe would work very well with each scene.

Total Musical Needs

Here’s a list of the music we will need for the Demo (and eventual full game). We’re estimating that the demo will require about 40 min to just shy of an hour of music. This includes sound effects which we’d like to work with after the core music has been made. We estimate that the full game soundtrack will be close to around 1 and half to  2 hours.

Immortal Doctrine Title Theme

Immortal Doctrine Gentle Theme (Same song, but light version)

Immortal Doctrine Heavy Theme (Same song, but heavy/impactful version)

Faraway Fields

Faraway Town Theme

Highpeak Hills

Highpeak Town Theme (Will need normal and slowed version of it)

Shop Theme

Gentle Town Theme

Secret Theme

Boss Theme

Time Dungeon Theme

Herezal Theme (A.k.a Theme of Destiny)

Divine Theme

Devil Theme

Mortal Sin Challenge Theme

Cutscene Happy Theme

Selection Theme (Also known as Theme of Choice)

Restful Theme

Game Over Theme

Sleep Theme

Copula Theme

Bastille’s Theme

Guild Theme

About 4 min worth of sound effects (likely at a maximum)

Trial

We may have discussed this already, but we’d like to run a trial. In this trial, We would provide you with a few video samples of the game and with it, we’d like to ask you to compose a few short musical samples to the best of your ability.

The trial will include samples for:

Faraway Field Theme

Secret Theme

Divine Theme

Demon Theme

The purpose of the trial is to gauge your approach toward four different soundtracks, each with every different moods. We believe that this will help give us a holistic view of whether we believe your style fits.

Feel free to check in with us whenever you can to get feedback as submissions are accepted infinitely until we make a final decision. (In which we will provide you with a week’s notice)

After a trial period, our team will be evaluating the pieces and based on factors including the music and other factors like personality and work ethic compatibility, we will choose someone to be our musician.

Timeline

We’re aiming to complete the Demo as soon as early next year. And so we’d like to be able to have the pieces completed before then so that we can coordinate the game’s components and prepare our marketing campaign.

Pricing

We're working on a $10,000 budget for our demo. To keep things transparent. $3000 have gone into environment art, $4000 are going into characters, objects and UI, $1000 have gone into programming elements which leaves us around $2000 for music.

We've calculated that we can afford a maximum of $50 a minute for music at this point.

Given this, we'd like to have all the tracks we need, but are also open to exploring other ideas that can help make the cost reasonable for us and the the work fair to you.

Exclusive Right

We'd like to be able to purchase the music and utilize it as an IP of Grand Scheme Games (especially given that we want the music to represent Immortal Doctrine).

This is negotiable though as like with most things, we create plans and strategies based on the resources available.

Naturally you're name will be always be featured so that people know that you are responsible for the great work.

Before we get into anything serious, we will be drafting a contract and ensuring that everybody is happy before committing to anything.

Game Sample Video

Enjoy! However there is no volume because the music and sounds I used in the game are being borrowed for testing purposes and do not belong to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOYVOZVqmJc&feature=youtu.be

My apologies for the video quality, it's bad in the beginning, but gets to where it should be (somewhat) by the end.

Last Things

If you have any questions (which is completely expected), feel free to email me at [email protected]

Also feel free to check out our site at www.grandschemegames.com

What we're making is very special to us and so we hope that we share it with someone who can also see the greatness and feel the love in our game as well.

We’re looking forward to making Immortal Doctrine the best game we can and hope that you’ll be able to really make it even more special with us.

Cheers,

Thomas Williams

Grand Scheme Games, LLC.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:23:19 AM by twill14 » Logged
pitkevich80
Level 0

quest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:31:05 PM »

Sent you mail. Wink
ohaiguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »

Sent you a mail Smiley

https://soundcloud.com/ohaiguy
[email protected]
Music Composer! Feel free to contact me Smiley
Martron_Fink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 09:36:49 AM »

Sent Smiley  Gomez
FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »

I've sent you an email, I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

-Felix

Edgarlerouge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 07:10:43 AM »

message sent !
Ojama_Meru
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 12:03:01 PM »

Sent Smiley  Wizard Wizard Gentleman Gentleman

Sounds good Wink