Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:33:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOrbis Saturnia
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Orbis Saturnia  (Read 1359 times)
SouthpawHare
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »

Hello again, everyone.  This is another game I'd like to show to everyone, which was created by myself and two friends during a GameJam competition, meaning that it was created within a single "work day".  Although it was a mere 8-hour project, I think it has a much more complete feel to it.  While Dungeon Rabbit is a work-in-progress after half of a year, none of us who worked on Orbis really feel like we'd want to add much to what it already is.

It's a simple Action Puzzle game based on the concept that the game must only use a single-button control scheme.  As such, the entire game uses only the spacebar, being extremely simple to learn and try, but (hopefully, and in our opinions) remain challenging and addicting all the same.

Check out a You Tube video demo here:

And try it out for yourselves at:
http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~czyzec/

As with all games, I welcome all comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc.  Do keep in mind the short time-requirement imposed in creating it when judging certain aspects, but for the most part, the more comments the better!

Huzzah!
ExciteMike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »

There seemed to be some collision glitches that stopped you from being able to guide them effectively.  Sometimes they would do a 180 when they hit the wall instead of reflecting off.

It might also be less confusing if there were some indication of which way they would go when you let go of space, so that you don't have to memorize which way they were all facing before you pressed it.

It's definitely a weird game.  I like weird!

Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »

This is really cute and the idea's pretty fresh. at least to me!  Even if it's glitchy you should keep the concept and keep working at polishing the code huh?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic