Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:18:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsJavascript Programmer for RPG Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Javascript Programmer for RPG Game  (Read 529 times)
Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2017, 03:15:21 AM »

Hello everyone,

This is for a RPG Maker MV game so knowledge of Javascript is compulsory (as it uses Javascript).

Instructions:

1. There's a single character in the party at all times.

2. The battle is front view (like Dragon Warrior).

3. Instead of traditional commands to select from, all the player has is what I call an interactive bar. It looks like this:

(I'm talking about bar filled with different color stripes in it).

4. The idea is for the knife to move from left to right over the bar. It's pretty much the same as the hacking mechanic in Bioshock 2.

5. Different colors have different results. This is what determines the action the player will take in battle.

For example, "red" is a fumble, the attack is wasted. "green" is a regular melee attack, "purple" uses up a certain special ability, "yellow" would be the equivalent of defense, using it before an enemy attack would be strategically sound. So this is pretty much a complete overhaul of the traditional action selection in battle.

6. Every action uses up "stamina". The lungs icon in the picture below.

Stamina is the currency used when trading-in actions, regardless of the type of action. When stamina gets too low, certain sections are replaced with "red" zones as they are currently unusable due to low stamina.

Stamina is recovered every time the knife does a full run without interruption (the knife moves from left to right without any player input). This is the equivalent of resting.

7. Enemies attack on a similar mechanic. The skull icon gradually filled up as the knife scrolls on the meter. In other words, every pixel moved fills up the skull meter. When the skull meter, the enemy attacks (from a variety of different attacks available to it). The skull meter is then reset to zero after the attack is done and fills up gradually again.

In other words, the longer the player takes to play, the more the enemy attacks. There can be more than one enemy at once in which case each enemy will have its own skull meter. The skull meter will appear on top of each respective enemy in battle.

8. Whenever an enemy reaches 0 hp, it is destroyed. Same goes for the player.

9. Players will be able to assign abilities to various colored stripes from a pool of available skills, each with its own cost in stamina.

10. I expect the usual such as attack animations.

11. The colored bars should be randomly redistributed every time the players takes an action to keep things challenging.

So basically, I'm looking for someone who can code what I've explained here. I'd need to know how much I'd be charged for that.

Thank you!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic