Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:54:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 1316435 times)
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2009, 12:24:28 AM »

Thank you Zolyx, you reminded me of a greta tool to make random dungeons, I used it years ago to print some dungeons and draw them on paper but now I can create these dungeons or maze, you can find the tool here; http://www.bin.sh/gaming/tools/dungeon.cgi
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2009, 12:32:02 AM »

Ultimate Minecraftsman Challenge: Recreate the entire world from Shadow of the Colossus.

Nalok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2009, 08:05:41 AM »

Well I'm starting on a new map, I've got 1 of my houses/castles done, I might get a picture up if I bother to sign up at Photobucket  Giggle

Edit: Ok, got my second castle and a little structure thingy done. Still havent bothered to sign up at photobucket  Big Laff
Edit2: Great, I can't sign up on PB
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:54:54 AM by Nalok » Logged
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »

I made a fortress of raditude: Rayholt

siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2009, 09:23:26 AM »

Harr, I beat yer maze.
Zolyx
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2009, 11:35:25 AM »

If you're having trouble registering on the Minecraft forum (http://www.mojang.com/forum/ if you didn't see it yet), try in IE. Firefox breaks the registration captcha for some reason Roll Eyes

Mostly harmless indie gamer
Zolyx.co.uk :: The Minecraft Museum
Diggum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?user=JaiGuru&id=1

A changing world demands action. When the enemy mounts it's war, will you be ready? A group of strong willed dwarves has answered "Yes!" and begun construction of a grand new keep to stand firm against the threat of those who battle in the coliseum of doom. It is a castle of wonders!

A place where hidden gardens bring light to a troubled people.

A place where privileged nobles can enjoy a more civilized way of life.

A place where balconies offer views of greatness!

Spanning the lake, a grand bridge leads to the main gate of the keep, where guard towers stand in defiance of the enemy.

Built atop the ruins of an old kingdom, the castle stands tall with glistening white lime stone walls. Though, it is rumored that there are still vestiges of the old kingdom buried deep under the new keep.

Be careful not to fall in the cesspool.

Notes: This is a work in progress, to be sure, but I have enough done that it should be of interest to those looking for something to explore. The castle stands at the far edge of the map and is about half done. In time, a town and verdant rural crops will surround it, the townsfolk sitting in the shadow of a grand and evil coliseum on the mountain. A Grecian temple will be built to the west of the keep, as well.

As I intend this map to be a model for death match style gaming, I am designing it with a good guys vs. bad guys mind set. The good guys' castle sits mainly above ground and will have plenty of winding passages throughout it and the town while the bad guys' realm will be primarily subterranean. I have one dark tower built in a remote corner of the map as a starting point for that.

I hope you enjoy wandering through this map and that this inspires you all to build your own little worlds!
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2009, 12:09:11 PM »

Everyone makes better maps then me XD

I have a suggestion for water. Have the outside of the map be the only source of water. So you can only get more water by taking from the sea. Then you could program the water to, instead of creating water in the empty spaces next to it, make it move to a spot where water isn't already and doesn't have a full solid block (this way, the water will go over the plants and other partial blocks, but won't go over blocks.) You can also make it go up if there is no where else to go (this will require extra checking because you don't want the sea to continuously rise :/ ). Creating a block in water will cause the water to be displaced/destroyed. Not sure how that'd work.

Just an idea, not sure if it's feasible or not. And you've probably already thought of that so yea. >_>;
Nalok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2009, 12:46:35 PM »

1: Holy crap Diggum that is awesome!  Addicted
2: Holy crap Solar that is not awesome  Wink
Evil-Ville
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2009, 01:32:01 PM »

I started working on a new castle earlier today. No screenshots because it isn't complete yet.

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?user=EvilVille&id=0
Candlejack
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »

What are you going to do about the currently saved maps when you update?
Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »

I'm going to do my very best to not ever break level file compatibility. Good thing I started the whole file format off with a version id, eh? Wink

However, I won't make any firm promises until beta.
Notch
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

Oh, and beta is when multiplayer and some form of survival mode is in.
Nalok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »

Huzzah! Big Laff
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »

The new water flow is great Smiley But with that water becomes more dangerous. It's already possible to dry up rooms by filling them with some blocks, thus replacing the water, and then removing those again. But that's time consuming and when removing those blocks you might damage what you've built before.
I thought about some kind of "sponge"-block which could at least reduce the time the draining takes. It would work like any other block, you just fill the water with it, and it takes up one water tile block per block. The only difference would be that when you remove any one of those sponge blocks, all sponge blocks connected to it would be removed as well, automatically.
I guess this could be made rather easily and would make accidental water floods (and building underwater Grin) a bit less painful.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
vdgmprgrmr
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2009, 01:27:54 AM »

My level

It has a boat, a town, a forest of giant mushrooms, a castle, and a dug-out cave, a huge ocean, and a cool natural cavern near the boat under the water.

The boat is sail-less, and I tried to make a sail, but couldn't, so if someone would do that for me and send me a link to the level after they're done, that'd be great.

Also, making that level made me had an idea for another multiplayer competitive mode. "Gauntlet" mode. Where you have two teams, and there's a big map with a few set landmarks, and team 1 has to go from one place to another, through the landmarks, and team 2 spawns at those landmarks as team 1 goes through them. So, team 2 would defend against team 1 in a castle, then a city, then in a valley, and stuff like that.

EDIT: Arg stupid non-HTML forums.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 04:33:40 AM by vdgmprgrmr » Logged
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2009, 02:20:27 AM »

The new footage on your blog looks very very nice, I like the new flow of the water, seemingly faster and more efficient than the old one.

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Notch
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2009, 05:27:28 AM »

Hmmm, sponge! Not bad! Should be fun to draw that texture as well, hehe.

I'm considering putting in a short grace period before water starts flooding. Or perhaps it's part of the fun to suddenly get flooded from a single false move. It's memorable for sure
Zolyx
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2009, 05:34:28 AM »

@ Diggum: That's... quite a creation! Two thumbs up!  Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

Mostly harmless indie gamer
Zolyx.co.uk :: The Minecraft Museum
Amadeous
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »

Here's my castle I've been working on for the past few days.

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?user=Amadeous&id=0

That wall took FOREVER to build. Still a work in progress really, but at least now it's got some to show for it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic