Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:42:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 1319926 times)
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 06:04:32 AM »

You're making quite a big game world, too. I think you could reduce it to 1/2 in all dimensions without it being a big deal.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2009, 06:17:56 AM »

i think i'm the person that named this game (in irc, we kept throwing out names and you liked minecraft)

anyway, my experience with this game is that i only played it once: i dug myself really really deep into the earth in a single hole, and couldn't jump out so i got scared. it took me like half an hour to dig myself back out, and was amazed to see sunlight again. after that i was so relieved to be out of that hole and so scared of getting myself trapped in such a place again that i had to leave the game in triumph.

Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2009, 06:24:03 AM »

You're making quite a big game world, too. I think you could reduce it to 1/2 in all dimensions without it being a big deal.

Yeah. If I can keep the large game world, I will, though. =D But i might cut it down for some game modes.
For example, it's very likely that fortress design mode will be on small maps in order for me to be able to put them together into a single larger map when battling.
Notch
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 06:25:03 AM »

i think i'm the person that named this game (in irc, we kept throwing out names and you liked minecraft)

It's a great name! It's perfectly light weight, descriptive, catchy, and just slightly ironic. Thank you. =)
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 06:44:03 AM »

I would be annoyed, a huge world is what makes the game so explorable. And more fun  Smiley
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 07:24:06 AM »

Opera freezes, but it works with Internet Explorer, I hope this will be fixed soon other than that it's great. Kiss

OMG I just saw that there is an underground if you dig down. After that you fall down into blue sky.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:27:33 AM by Nikica » Logged
SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 07:45:34 AM »

Man this is addictive even without any objectives when you put them in I may be losing a lot of my life. A couple of things I didn't like the digging and placing of blocks were really inaccurate on my pc and I reached the top and it wouldn't let me put down anymore blocks but it didn't let me know why I couldn't place anymore blocks. A few more tools would be nice for example a tool to place multiple blocks at once or to dig out multiple blocks at once. Also badly needed is a save system but I bet that's already in the works.

As a start the game has a lot of potential and the fps was very stable and best of all it runs in a browser meaning I can play it at work  Beer!

Renton
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »

I've been playing this like crazy for 2 days now. Making underground towns, big towers and whatnot. It's definitely awesome, looking forward to the game modes.

Are we gonna have some sort of water in later builds? I'd love to build dams, lake houses, etc.
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 08:30:24 AM »

Man this is addictive even without any objectives when you put them in I may be losing a lot of my life. A couple of things I didn't like the digging and placing of blocks were really inaccurate on my pc and I reached the top and it wouldn't let me put down anymore blocks but it didn't let me know why I couldn't place anymore blocks. A few more tools would be nice for example a tool to place multiple blocks at once or to dig out multiple blocks at once. Also badly needed is a save system but I bet that's already in the works.

As a start the game has a lot of potential and the fps was very stable and best of all it runs in a browser meaning I can play it at work  Beer!
That's what I said =p.
Notch
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 08:44:12 AM »

I've been playing this like crazy for 2 days now. Making underground towns, big towers and whatnot. It's definitely awesome, looking forward to the game modes.

Are we gonna have some sort of water in later builds? I'd love to build dams, lake houses, etc.

Yes. And I want waterfalls. I'm trying to figure out the best way of doing this.
A water spawner tile would probably be silly.
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 09:19:11 AM »

How about a water tile like in Platform racing two? (It slows you down but is a block and you can jump a bit higher) Plus it wouldn't lag up the game with the water physics part.

EDIT: I made a vid for the game.

Beer!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:19:40 AM by Navineous » Logged
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 01:39:11 PM »

It runs very well on my computer. I think I've mostly got around 400-700fps.
I'd agree that I think this would work really well as a sandbox multiplayer game, similar to blockland, but simpler and quicker. Building stuff is already good fun, I think it just takes a little long, for example if you want to build a big castle. But maybe that's alright and it really should just be multiplayer, so that you can work on that stuff cooperatively to speed it up Smiley

Though, much more importantly: Torches! Grin

Speaking of castles:

Smiley
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:44:08 PM by MisterX » Logged

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 01:43:45 PM »

I get around 45-85 FPS, but it's smooth. Does my computer suck or something or is it just cause' I share my internet with 5 other computers?  Undecided
Renton
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »

I think a water spawner might be alright. You can put it in some... hole you like and then it could fill the tile level (and below) with water. Like the lava in Infiniminer, only blue and you can swim in it.

The problem with it would be that if you accidentally put it somewhere really high, it could possibly flood the whole map. But think of the possibilities if you could manage to handle it.
Notch
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »

Instead of doing multiplayer, I implemented water. A video will show up shortly on my blog.

Speaking of that, what's the proper netiquette for posting news when I post both on my blog and here? I don't want to crosspost, but perhaps that's the best option?
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »

A blog on here would work. But please saving is a must  Big Laff craziness is bad
Notch
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2009, 02:25:15 PM »

I'll see what I can do. =)
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2009, 02:31:27 PM »

That water looks really nice, for something so simple. Very atmospheric!
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2009, 02:31:40 PM »

Thanks I think I need more coffee Coffee
The water is cool though   Smiley
Renton
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2009, 02:42:43 PM »

Awwright.

With this new feature, I'll be able to make my underground towns even awesomer.

All I need is a game saving now...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic