Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:16:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinecraft (alpha)
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Minecraft (alpha)  (Read 1321180 times)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 30, 2010, 10:38:52 PM »

Yeah, I don't remember upgrading them. I'll try that! Thank you for all your help.
kevkoh1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 15, 2010, 06:23:56 AM »

This game is pretty sweet. I love the sense of exploration as well as the creativity available to the user. Visually I thought the choice of pixel art was interesting for the the style of the game. I thought it was a little weird though to not be able to walk through the leaves of the trees (very minor distraction).

As far as gameplay I love that there many choices as to what mode the user can pick from. The game seemed to run smoothly until I decided to tunnel all the way to the bottom. I'm not sure if this was on purpose or not but then I noticed I was not able to get back to the surface. All in all, I think the game is great and has a lot of replay value.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 15, 2010, 09:21:02 AM »

I'm not sure if this was on purpose or not but then I noticed I was not able to get back to the surface.

What do you mean? You can always carve a staircase up to the surface (or even better, carve a staircase from the beginning :D )
AndrewFM
Level 2

whoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: April 15, 2010, 10:38:15 AM »

I think what he means is that he hit the shallow layer of lava at the bottom of the world. For some reason, you can never seem to jump high enough to get out of it.

There's always the respawn button (R), though.
Arkitekt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 08, 2010, 12:25:05 PM »

Sidenoteth> couldn't find anything in the rules about necroing a thread (in the way that i'm about too  *cringe*)

Anyways, bringing this back up because Notch has added some new items to the game.  Have a small concern though, I had a fairly large world going (infdev) and when I tried loading it up I was in a fairly thick wall...of gold...bricks.  Yeah so long story short I was in a 10x8x5 formation of gold bricks.  Couldn't break free of 'em.

So, started a new world, and I haven't had  chance to go back and fix it (at work now).  Anyone else experience anything similar?

Oh, few fixes have already been posted too.  (Thanks Notch)

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Curseman
« Reply #545 on: June 20, 2010, 11:32:40 PM »

This owns.

increpare
« Reply #546 on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:55 AM »

hahah excellent

(being able to do loops would be neat : P)
Renton
« Reply #547 on: June 21, 2010, 04:42:46 AM »

When the hell did this happen? Why do I still not own Minecraft?
Curseman
« Reply #548 on: June 21, 2010, 07:40:55 AM »

It's coming with the next update (this friday, I believe?), and yeah, once multiplayer comes out and the game enters beta the price will double, so get it while it's hot.
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:37 AM »

I believe this is one of my single best game purchases ever, this just keeps getting better and better Azn

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: July 22, 2010, 09:12:32 AM »

Notch, give us cool tigsource peeps an invite, we're really good with feedback, *we swear* we'll behave. Panda
Super excited for this, even if it's just in the next weeks in the public testing.
Jacob_
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: July 22, 2010, 10:57:55 AM »

I watched part of the live stream of the test, just wanted to say, awesome work. :D
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: July 22, 2010, 11:22:10 AM »

Oh, you mean that one that Notch did a few days ago on Brocraft? IT WAS PRETTY EXCITING STUFF Yeah, it was quite functional although it crashed a few times I think, still it's good to know he's making some progress, and in a few weeks we'll be able to test it, pretty sweet. I can already see the rest of my summer being filled with lot's of minecraft endeavors, building with friends and strangers alike, the tallest fort a man has ever dreamed of.

Still what I always dreamed of in minecraft was building a huge ship, and I'm talking about placing blocks of wood in the ocean and it started floating, raise up a mast and a sail (with cloth possibly) and let the winds and the current take you wherever they see fit. The ship would be my house, and I'd go wherever it may take me.
Although the boats from the last secret friday update are still pretty cool, I've been following the coastline collecting cactus' since.
Navineous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 22, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »

Notch, give us cool tigsource peeps an invite, we're really good with feedback, *we swear* we'll behave. Panda
Super excited for this, even if it's just in the next weeks in the public testing.
Look at my post on the second page of this thread, maybe even the first, I was one of the small few mincrafters back in may of 09 and I get no codes? D: Notch, c'mon, be nice. :D
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: July 22, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »

I got one.

It was fun.

reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 22, 2010, 03:28:56 PM »

Everyone wants a code (I do too) but don't get your hopes up.  SMP will be a blast, no doubt, but so is regular survival.  It's obviously no consolation to the suffering, but it's all you got, eh?

Sometimes I wonder why I write such stupid posts

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: July 22, 2010, 03:36:10 PM »

Yeah, it's not like I really want multiplayer, single player is just as fun or even better. Right guys? Right? Guys?

._.
mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 23, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »

Look at my post on the second page of this thread, maybe even the first, I was one of the small few mincrafters back in may of 09 and I get no codes? D: Notch, c'mon, be nice. :D

There's an IRC, go there, get noticed = get a code.

Really it's quite buggy from what I hear so there's no need to feel like you were ripped off.
I saw Notch say that it's quite possible that the open beta/alpha starts "soon" (or as he said within 3 weeks)

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: July 23, 2010, 05:14:57 PM »

I would like a code... I was on irc when notch was like 'hey guys check out this procedurally generated playground i made' way back when.

Ashkin
« Reply #559 on: July 23, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »

I want a code, but
1) I'm insignificant
2) I don't have a good enough connection to play anyway.
 Cry
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic