Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:18:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs➤➤ TIRELESS - Prepare For The Adrenaline [Fast-Paced 3D Platformer]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ➤➤ TIRELESS - Prepare For The Adrenaline [Fast-Paced 3D Platformer]  (Read 4940 times)
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »

TIRELESS: PREPARE FOR THE ADRENALINE
Challenging Action 3D Platformer.

Play On Steam

TIRELESS is a heart-pounding 3D platformer that takes speed to cosmic levels.

Master movement and evade obstacles at extreme speeds. Easy to pick up but challenging to master,
this skill-based game offers a thrilling experience, relying solely on your expertise to conquer each handcrafted level.

Enjoy seamless gameplay with responsive controls and complete freedom of movement, offering a truly off-the-rails experience.

Play On Steam

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 08:24:04 AM by naro gamedev » Logged
Jovu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 07:06:36 AM »

This looks super interesting, the gameplay seems fun and I dig the tron-ish aesthetic you got going on.

Do you plan on having a story, or will it be purely a level-rush game. I think both would suit the game just fine. One advice I would have for you is try and put up a demo of the game in the future. Game's like this that rely on specific mechanics, tend to do well with demos. Sort of like a proof of concept if you will.

You definitely grabbed my attention. Coffee

naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »

This looks super interesting, the gameplay seems fun and I dig the tron-ish aesthetic you got going on.

Do you plan on having a story, or will it be purely a level-rush game. I think both would suit the game just fine. One advice I would have for you is try and put up a demo of the game in the future. Game's like this that rely on specific mechanics, tend to do well with demos. Sort of like a proof of concept if you will.

You definitely grabbed my attention. Coffee

Thank you very much for your feedback.
The game does have a simple story but it is a level-rush yes.
As I stated I'm currently working on the levels and music. Since I want to release a trailer as soon as possible.
I will make a beta demo version available as soon as I'm happy with how everything works.
I'm glad you like what you see so far. I'll keep updating everyone interested about the game.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:44:12 PM by TheCyberClan » Logged
TomFletcher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 11:40:50 AM »

For just over a month of work this looks very impressive, I like the aesthetic that you've gone for and it's nice to see a game focusing just on 3d platforming as I don't think it's something you see that much of these days outside of actual remakes of 90's platformers.

Looking at the gifs you posted I was wondering if it would make sense to add a light source to the player character? A problem that always seems to be mentioned with 3d platformers is the difficulty in judging distance and knowing exactly where the player is in 3d space. Maybe being able to see the glow of the player reflected off nearby platforms might help with that slightly? Ofcourse I'm generally pretty terrible at 3d platformers Sad so I might not be the target market.

It will be good to see how this develops, good luck with it  Smiley

naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 11:53:50 AM »

For just over a month of work this looks very impressive, I like the aesthetic that you've gone for and it's nice to see a game focusing just on 3d platforming as I don't think it's something you see that much of these days outside of actual remakes of 90's platformers.

Looking at the gifs you posted I was wondering if it would make sense to add a light source to the player character? A problem that always seems to be mentioned with 3d platformers is the difficulty in judging distance and knowing exactly where the player is in 3d space. Maybe being able to see the glow of the player reflected off nearby platforms might help with that slightly? Ofcourse I'm generally pretty terrible at 3d platformers Sad so I might not be the target market.

It will be good to see how this develops, good luck with it  Smiley

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I grew up playing platformers, and I really think it would be awesome to see them back.
I tried all kinds of ways to make the light source coming from the player but it never worked out how I wanted it. However I will definitely consider working it out.
I'm working on getting the demo out for players to test and give feedback on their experience.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:50:50 PM by TheCyberClan » Logged
Jovu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 03:41:01 AM »

My dude, you really need to check the scales of the screenshots you put up. If I have to scroll left/right to see the full screenshot, I will probably not. You need to also think about mobile, how will someone using their phone view the image?

Don't take this the wrong way, just trying to help out. Smiley

naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »

just trying to help out. Smiley

Thank you.
nimiray
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 10:17:28 AM »

This looks awesome! keep up the good work! Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 06:37:14 PM »

This looks awesome! keep up the good work! Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

Thank you!
ARJ
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »

OMG MAN! Such an awesome snaps of the game! I would REALLY like to play it! Hand Any Key
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 06:32:11 PM »

OMG MAN! Such an awesome snaps of the game! I would REALLY like to play it! Hand Any Key

Thank you very much! Demo coming soon.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:01:35 AM by TheCyberClan » Logged
ardydo
Level 0

aooooooooooo marmita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 04:59:25 AM »

Oh wow, this game aesthetic is really nice but what got me is it's "flow". It seems like the perfect kind of game to play for a few minutes to cooldown (I don't know, all this blue and black gave me a really chill feel even thought the game is quite movement heavy) or to play away while listening to podcasts.

That said, how long are you thinking in making the levels? Are there even levels? I think it would benefit the game if the levels where short and you could play for a few minutes at time but that's only my opinion and I don't know where you're heading.

naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 05:34:18 AM »

Oh wow, this game aesthetic is really nice but what got me is it's "flow". It seems like the perfect kind of game to play for a few minutes to cooldown (I don't know, all this blue and black gave me a really chill feel even thought the game is quite movement heavy) or to play away while listening to podcasts.

That said, how long are you thinking in making the levels? Are there even levels? I think it would benefit the game if the levels where short and you could play for a few minutes at time but that's only my opinion and I don't know where you're heading.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

This game is lots of action, and as you said, its very movement heavy. However it is up to the player to decide how long will it take him to finish the level. Yes, there are levels in this game. Each with its own difficulty. I'd say the levels would be around 5 minutes if the player plays well. However if a player rushes through and manages to not die even once, he should be able to pass them quite fast. The game heavily focused on platforming, there are no enemies to fight, only things to avoid.
I'm working hard on releasing a demo soon so I can get more feedback from players experience with the game so stay tuned for that!
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 07:29:02 PM »

Added Kyera, the TIRELESS Guide.
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 08:44:54 AM »

Hi!

It's been a long while, and we are glad to finally announce the TIRELESS demo, that is now available.
You'll now be able to get a first look of the game on your own.

Download the Demo Here.

The full version is still under development, and we are working hard on it.
If you wish to support us in this project, subscribe to our mail list and stay tuned for any future updates.
It would help us a lot if you could share your feedback on the game with us.

For any further questions or info, contact us.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:37:37 PM by TheCyberClan » Logged
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 04:28:23 AM »

Hello Everyone!
The First Stage of the game is now half way finished. In TIRELESS Levels are separated by stages.
Here’s a sneak peak of Stage 01

Download The Demo Here.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:05:32 AM by TheCyberClan » Logged
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 06:58:00 AM »

Hi!

The Demo of the game has been updated.
A few changes and tweaks have been made, and one major one that is the player jump.
Some have pointed out that the jump function isn’t working in their favor, so it’s been changed so that whenever the jump button is being held, the player will jump.
This will help out when jumping during the adrenaline boost near the edges of the platforms.

-A new pick up has been added to the game called the Life Crystal.

This pick up is only available after the tutorial level has been finished, which means it’s not included in the Demo.
Collecting the Life Crystal will give you an extra life, which can be very useful in some parts of the level. Life Crystals are placed off the road, which means they will only be collected by those who do not care about the time spent in a level. Sacrificing time for an extra life is how this collectible works.

-The Intro sequence at the beginning of the game can now be skipped.
-Small adjustments to the User Interface have been made.
-The game now also works with a game pad controller.

Stay tuned for more future updates
https://www.the-cyberclan.com/tireless-the-game
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 01:05:40 PM »

Hi!
The Demo has been updated!
Major bugs, and issues players have been facing are now gone for good.
There have been some small improvements to the player controls, and to the tutorial.
The Demo now contains 2 brand new levels! After finishing the tutorial
you get to unlock and experience first 2 levels of Stage 01.

Download The Latest version to apply these changes.
https://www.the-cyberclan.com/download-tireless

Please report back if there is any issue with the update. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:13:36 AM by TheCyberClan » Logged
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »

Hi!
The demo has been updated.
A few bug fixes have been made along with some major changes of which being the following. The Tutorial Level has been modified so that it is now much easier to finish for anyone first starting out in the game. A few text changes in Kyera’s subtitles and changes in game tips. The respawn time has been significantly decreased, and over all modified respawn system in general, no more falling down for hours as some have said.
Download the latest version to apply these changes.
​​
naro gamedev
Level 0

@The_Cyber_Clan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 10:19:03 AM »

Hello Everyone.

I am Naro, the main and only developer for TIRELESS.
I’ve been receiving lots of questions so I’d like to clear out some things about the game.

TIRELESS is a difficult game. It was designed to be difficult and require skill to play. So for some that are having a tough time playing the game, understand that the game is only for the those who like a challenge.

The game is made in the Unreal Engine 4, not Unity.

The tutorial level doesn’t teach you everything. If you want more in depth instructions on how to properly play the game visit the “Learn to Play” section on the TIRELESS web page. Although it may seem that what you see in the tutorial is all that you can expect from the game, that isn’t really the case. The tutorial level is there to give you the basic idea and understanding of how the game works, and of course to test if you are ready to truly begin playing. The name of the tutorial level is Acquiring The Skills, which means exactly what it says.

The controller support isn’t well optimized. For those of you who use a joystick when playing games, you might have some issues when playing the game with it. It was never intended to be playable with a controller, and due to players unable to play properly with it, this option will probably be removed.

Jumping works fine, your timing is wrong. If the Adrenaline Box is right at the edge of the platform, you’ll have to time when you press the jump button. Remember that timing in this game is super important.

I’ve spent countless hours playing the game trying to find mistakes, but even then, I’ll never be able to actually test out enough to tell if everything’s working right, so I encourage people to send me feedback, bug reports etc. (via our website would be the best) This would help immensely on making a better game experience.

I want apologize for any inconveniences you may have during your gameplay, the game is still in development so again, sending bug reports is a good way of letting me know what needs to be fixed. TIRELESS is regularly worked on and being improved in any way possible.

If you wish to support the project, stick around, stay updated with the development, share the game with your friends. And please send us your feedback, this helps a lot.

I hope you enjoy playing the game as I do making it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:13:37 PM by TheCyberClan » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic