Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:29:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMine Thieves
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mine Thieves  (Read 544 times)
Dublann
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2017, 03:49:14 AM »

Hi all!

I would like to present you my first game developed "Mine Thieves". It has been developed with Game Maker Studio. It took 1 year and a half to get the beta version.

If you could give it a try and tell me your feedback, would be amazing!!!!! This is a the description of the game and its trailer:

Google Play link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HERDOZAStudio.MineThieves

Trailer

Description
In this real-time, PVP multiplayer game, you’ll steal as much gold as possible. Defend and steal the gold you deserve using the abilities that you will unlock through the dungeons and mines that you will discover.

Defeat your adversaries to reach the number 1 in the leaderboard, but be careful with the miners and enemies because they will make it difficult. Join to your lair and trade with your friends using the rewards that you won. Together the goblin thieves guild will become rich !!

Mine Thieves features:

-      Mine Thieves is a PVP game in which you battle with opponents from across the
        globe in real-time matches to become the number 1 in the leaderboard.

-       Each level unlocked will become a new league where to fight with people around the
        world. A dungeon or mine full with miner will be difficult to deal with.

-       Unlock your preferred abilities to build your goblin, exchanging your gold by gems.
        Level up your mining skill, your speed, become invisible…They will make the difference
        between a defeat or a victory.

-       Create strategies to defeat your enemy. A defense or attack strategy will have very
        different results.

-       Steal as much gold as possible and share or trade with your rewards. Chat with your
        friends or opponents and trade with them depending on your strategy.

-       Change your character to make funnier the competition. Become a thief with several
        faces!

Will you be catch by a miner? Will you lose or win the match? Will you use defense or attack strategies? Which ability will you use? Will you share with your friends or will you trade with your opponents? In which league will you fight, the level 1 league, the level 2 league…? Which level do you prefer to steal gold, a dungeon or a mine? Will you become a legend in the guild? The best thief in the history? It’s time to find out!   

Mine Thieves can be played for free, but some optional in-game items are available for purchase using real money.   

A network connection is required to play this game.
CypherCove
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 04:58:40 PM »

Hi, I gave it a try, and here are my notes on the experience.

It shouldn't be necessary to have the user select a language at startup, since they will have already set a language on the phone, but I don't know if GameMaker exposes an easy way for you to check that.

When creating an account in English, the hint text for Repeat Password is not in English. In English "Register In" should just be "Register".

When I tried to register an account, after typing everything in and pressing "Register In" it said Loading in the corner for a couple minutes. I gave up and backed out and tried logging in. I had forgotten my user name by then, and when I pressed Login anyway, an error message popped up and then the game crashed.

During the tutorial, I had a hard time advancing the messages because the arrow you have to press is so tiny.

IMO, there's too much explaining in the beginning. You don't need to explain every detail of the UI up front, especially things people will already know if they've ever played a mobile game before, like what the trophy button is for and that you can buy stuff. You risk people quitting and uninstalling before ever starting a round. I know I've done that multiple times before when a game I'm trying takes too long to get going.

Right after the tutorial, it put me in a dark mine and said something about mining my way out. I spent a long time trying to figure out what to do. The walls in the room were so indistinct that it felt like I was walking into invisible walls. I think it took me about two minutes to figure out how to get out of the room. I don't think a real player will be patient enough to get that far.

When I got into the actual matches, I kept dying within 5 seconds or so. Not even enough time to get my bearings and figure out what I'm supposed to avoid, and it wasn't quite clear to me what was killing me. I guess the NPC miners are dangerous? Granted, I did not read all the tutorial text, but that's just like I'd do with any other game that has a lot of text in the tutorial.

I can't really comment on the gameplay much beyond that. It's all the time I have for today. In general, I'd say the tutorial needs to be shortened quite a bit, and some polish is needed in the animations so I can tell what's going on in the gameplay in terms of getting hit and losing right away.

Dublann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 02:40:33 AM »

Hey CypherCove! Thank you very much for taking your time for giving us your opinion, is very appreciated!  Kiss

We are planning to update the game soon, and for sure we are going to take into account your comments.

Regarding the tutorial, there is a very thin line in which the lenght is ok or not depending on the player. In previous updates, we had to increase the tutorial because players didn't know what to do, even we removed the option of skipping it because they skipped it before knowing what the game was about  Cry.

Regarding the registration, we have received several comments about it. Definetely we have to review what is happening.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic