Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:29:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsderelictus OLD DEVLOG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: derelictus OLD DEVLOG  (Read 4303 times)
elosociu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2017, 01:06:20 PM »

Explore DERELICTUS
Exploration and discovery are the general concepts of DERELICTUS. Depending on what path you take, the experience will be very different. However, you aren’t alone in DERELICTUS. You will meet creatures: Some friendly, some hostile. The world might seem cute and cozy in the village, but remember, this isn’t Earth, this is DERELICTUS, where the laws of physics sometimes are ignored.

The village, where the game starts. Unfinished. Note: The current screenshots only depict the starting area.

The inhabitants of DERELICTUS have successfully avoided their inevitable destiny for a very long time. DERELICTUS is a goldmine, and “they would never just leave whatever’s below the surface of it. Only “they” knows what resides down there, but there is one thing the people of DERELICTUS know for sure: If ”they” were to take it, that would méan the end of DERELICTUS.

A few enemies.

The game takes place on the awaited day, when “they” come to claim what they’ve wanted for a very long time. But why are they coming now?

Throughout Derelictus, there are ”Facilities” that “they” built when they first discovered Derelictus, to dig up the material below. The player needs to travel across the lands, in search of these facilities, and shut them down. But it won’t be easy, because only one of the facilities locations are known. To find the others, the player will have to talk with the inhabitants of distant villages in Derelictus, and look for clues around the world.
If the player manages to locate the facilities, there is still an issue when entering them. They are well guarded, by “trials”. These trials take place in a virtual world, where nothing has to follow the laws of reality. “They” have very advanced technology, and like to get creative with it. If the player solves the trial, they will need to defeat the “guardian”, to get access to the miners.

But why are “they” coming now?

A strange structure. Maybe there’s a puzzle hidden here?

Game Developed by Xnomoto https://xnomoto.com/
Devlog also posted on tumblr: https://derelictusgame.tumblr.com/
Soundtrack composed by CursedSnake https://cursedsnake.newgrounds.com/audio/
Sample of the original soundtrack:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:41:33 PM by elosociu » Logged

elosociu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »

The previous text has been completely rewritten: Less fact text, more story.

andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »

Looks neat. I really like the art.  The color palette, enemy design, and landscapes look great.  I would like to hear more about what kind of game this is (Adventure, I'm guessing?).  I'm also curious what combat will be like.

Good luck with the game. I'm eager to see more.

elosociu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 06:59:42 AM »

On the strange, pillar-like rocks in Derelictus are some cryptic carvings. What could they mean?

More updates coming soon. Very soon.

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 02:53:15 AM »

Love the skull like huts and the strange creatures. Not so sure about the human though, he seems a bit out of place.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic