Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 08:21:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGame for kids
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Game for kids  (Read 11464 times)
jamesannie
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2017, 11:34:58 PM »

Can Anybody suggest a nice game for kids to play?
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:56:39 PM »

Legacy Of the Wizard. It's tops.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 12:49:12 AM »

http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:48:24 AM »

minecraft is a good kids game

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 07:57:26 AM »

it was made by one
Davis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 08:31:29 PM »

Ducklife I thought it was a fun game for kids.
Squire Grooktook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »

Ah ha, that one confounded me in my childhood. To this day, I've never reached any of the bosses! I should really revisit it sometime...

agingminotaur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 02:13:33 AM »

Which age group?

My own kids (7 and 8 now) have been enjoying Monument Valley and Toca Town since they were quite small. Both nice games, I think, and shining examples of how much it's worth to cough up a few bucks for a mobile game instead of giving f2p stuff to your children (I think f2p is a fair enough model targeted at adults, but I'm skeptical about bombarding small children with random commercials). Later, they got an old Wii to play with, which has a lot of quality games, of course. There must be a ton of great indie stuff, especially for pc, but I haven't spent too much time on educating them to become video game connoisseurs Tongue I did recently show them Hoplite, and they were like: "Hm, that's quite cool, actually."

As always,
Minotauros
[edit: typo]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:19:37 AM by agingminotaur » Logged

homeTIGSourceitch.io
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 03:08:18 AM »

Ah ha, that one confounded me in my childhood. To this day, I've never reached any of the bosses! I should really revisit it sometime...
I've been playing it for most of the month, the MSX2 version not the NES one not that it really matters, and I'm only three bosses down which is about half of 'em. I've spent more time mapping out the game than actually playing it but I eventually did stop after mapping out roughly half of the dungeon which enough to get the urge out of my system so now I'm just winging it. I'm not nostalgic for it at all, it's still a great game and if it was good enough for kids in nineteen eighty seven then it's good enough for kids these days.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 05:24:31 AM »

I'm not nostalgic for it at all, it's still a great game and if it was good enough for kids in nineteen eighty seven then it's good enough for kids these days.
You kid, you kid...

Yeah.
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »

Jazz Jackrabbit! When he collects a carrot and says "yummie", kids go insane with delight!

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »

Kirby games. Great for all ages.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 06:00:44 PM »

Kirby games. Great for all ages.

Kirby's Dreamland was the first game I ever beat (I was 6).
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 09:16:55 PM »

Oregon Trail, personally the 1992 DOS/MAC edition is my favorite.  The later ones are good too but the 92 one, even with it not being the first one I played, is my favorite as it's got some of the most fun hunting and the added challenge.  Seriously don't overlook it just because it's old, it's fantastic.

Also, check out the pajama sam games, they're all up on steam now.  They're even pretty good as an adult, so if you never played them you can enjoy them as well Smiley

Legacy of the wizard IS awesome though, that game ate a lot of my childhood, alongside dragon warrior 2 and super mario 3.

-Fuzzy Spider
perfectroll
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 07:09:19 AM »

I think that it is better for children to walk outside, and rarely at home. My son is a fan of spiderman, so sometimes I let him play a game with his favorite hero on the computer [hi I was a spammer but I'm now banned. How sad.]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:46:52 PM by ThemsAllTook » Logged
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 07:19:18 AM »

My favorite part of Spider-man Kissing 2 is when I have to allow Adobe Flash to run in my browser.

Bellator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 04:55:25 AM »

As some said, kids should play outside, and i understand why we would think that, but when we tell that to a children, we are implying that we know better than them, when in actuality no one is superior over the other. Some of us whom are older, used to run outside, and that's because we didn't have the access and the world was different. Now if you want your children to succeed, you have to let them access, otherwise they will learn less information than those who sit over the computer.

On topic:  My little brother loves mario cart series on console, not a fan of gruesome genres for sure.
  And he plays mostly on the PC:  Terraria, World of Goo (some smooth puzzle games), Stardew Valley, loved the stronghold crusader old series. He's 9 if it's up for a question Smiley
poisonknight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 08:34:48 AM »

Hmmm I heard about a coding games for kids. But it depends on how old are the "kids" you are talking about. I love the concept of coding games where they can learn to code without them knowing it and maybe it will give them some spark Smiley
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 11:12:14 AM »

iirc that was the original idea of gamemaker

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
GeorgeJanko1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 08:30:21 AM »

I would suggest Mario - Legacy Of the Wizard and Of course Legends of Zelda