Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:08:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGame for kids
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Game for kids  (Read 11400 times)
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 11:25:04 PM »

My kids usually want to play the current week's game all their friends play at school, usually some bad free mobile game (not rarely I have to uninstall some too shitty ad-infested gambling-for-kids masquerading as game).

Minecraft is something they keep coming back to of course. At least whenever there is a new release. Or when they hear about some fun mod.

My 10 yo just started to learn godot (from Kidscancode tutorials) and he loves it so far (so do I). Tried Scratch with him and his sister ~2 years ago but we all got pretty tired of dragging around boxes to program after a few hours. Human Resource Machine worked for ~8yo (the first few levels at least) but visual programming to actually get work done is not great.
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 11:29:30 PM »

Some old games in emulators have actually worked amazingly well. My kids plus friends got really into original NES Bomberman for a while, and games like SMB1 and SMB3 are as fun for anyone now as they ever were, and Kirby of course.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 04:30:14 AM »

Magic Kinder on Android.
It's a game-app thing that scratches the gaming itch while having some educational traits

Yeah.
Hardgamuh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 09:37:48 PM »

I'm a fan of crash bandicoot.. I just finally finished the N sane trilogy, and it rocked. My little cousin loves playing it with me when he comes over. Hope they're working on a new version.
Hardgamuh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2018, 01:54:27 PM »

Ahhh. Legend of Zelda, true classic and all around awesome game. I remember the first time playing it on NES.
JonathanAlves
Level 0

I love to spend my free time playing online games.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 12:04:51 AM »

It is good for kids to play online as it helps them to increase their concentrating power but they should also play outside for their overall growth.
Before selecting the game, It also matters how old your children’s are?
I would suggest you Curious George, Wild Kratts, Daniel Tiger and Peg + Cat! , are good games to play with your kid.
theitguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 04:22:58 AM »

Nowadays, kids prefer to play using iPad or phone. My kid loves to play puzzle games. Anything that he can see from the appstore that catches his attention, he'll surely download it.
emilyidk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 10:14:43 AM »

Legends of Zelda! that is a really good recommendation! It's not like games nowadays where everything is so messed up right now xD
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 10:29:41 AM »

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in this thread already but the LEGO games are king for this. They're fun, they're funny, they're easy to pick up and play, AND they're all 100% co-op so you can play them with your kids.

Trenos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 01:37:42 PM »

As much as you wouldn't like them playing action shooters or some kill to get better games, they are still exposed to that in school and might wanna try them out someday, so to fill the gap of this need, semi-action shooters with animated graphics would be better to get ahead of them.
Minecraft is really a god of the games for the niche, different mods give the learning curve kids need, but your are already playing it so no no..

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom  looks great even i liked playing it
Froglover
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2018, 08:59:56 PM »

Super Mario Bros odyssey was pretty cool. Me and my sister got it last year and we still play, it till this date. MariI games never go g old and it's good for all age ranges 
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »

Games on gameboy advance are all good I think. Sword of mana, final fantaisy tactics advance, golden sun, kirby, pokemon...

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Fanaticdozzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 10:27:42 PM »

I used to have a Gameboy advance, don't ask what happened to it.. probably the same thing that happened with my old gaming systems, just disappeared over the years. Gameboy advance is probably the be gaming system for kids, or any Nintendo gaming console as they more focused on games for younger kids.

Just do it !
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 05:38:34 AM »

Nintendo Labo is also delicious.

Yeah.
Lostlemon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2018, 06:21:43 AM »

You can try playing the game Goosebumps. It's a game that takes after the book series. Has a real scary, eerie feeling to it, but overall great game and a definite for kids.
kingdomslayer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 07:28:09 AM »

Mario is a great video game for kids as it doesn't have a lot of violence and it's fun and addicting !
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2018, 08:42:03 AM »

addictive should be a deal-breaking property if you're a remotely sane parent

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Aex175
Level 0

Game ever

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 07:53:03 AM »

The best game could be knack. Another option would be the indies games but of course they are games with a little less levels.
catsgonehome
Level 0

Ohh noo!! The cats gone home!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2018, 12:03:10 PM »

I would suggest you the fallowing titles: (you can find them on steam):

Deponia
Edna & Harvey
King's Quest
Memoria
The Raven

They are mostly adventure games, but I think your kids would enjoy them. Bye!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:55:40 PM by catsgonehome » Logged
mayamak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2018, 05:55:44 AM »

GolfPeaks seems to be good choise for kids

also some kind of simulation games like
Farming Simulator 19
CITYCONOMY: Service for your City
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print