Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:23:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Art heat zone
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Art heat zone  (Read 869 times)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2017, 12:07:38 AM »

Ok, listen up, in this thread you can dispence and receive harsh critics of art pieces.
You are free to dissect everything posted in this thread, but prepare to be scrutinized yourself.
No single word or 3 sentence replies allowed, only hard TRUTH
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:10:32 AM »

ill start by posting my own work.
lineart is janky and more unfinished as  it goes down
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:58:19 AM »

Also, the head may be a tad too small. Shoulder-wise the head is about right (the human head is roughly 1/3 the shoulder width) but you have exaggerated legs and feet which cause the head to appear smaller than it should. Making the head a little bigger should reduce or eliminate that distorted appearance.

Sorry, I suck at critiquing and harsh critiquing is especially not my thing. I don't really like going "you did that wrong" without at least offering some idea of how to maybe correct the problem. I prefer teaching over critiquing, so sorry if I am doing this wrong (i.e. if I might be veering away from what you intended the thread to be).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:09:27 PM by JWK5 » Logged

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Shuu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 12:32:53 PM »

Posted in some pixel threads, but would love some feedback on the lighting and what not.

Cheers
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:49:33 PM »

Also, the head may be a tad too small. Shoulder-wise the head is about right (the human head is roughly 1/3 the shoulder width) but you have exaggerated legs and feet which cause the head to appear smaller than it should. Making the head a little bigger should reduce or eliminate that distorted appearance.
Thanks for edit,i knew head might look weird. I kinda have problem with chins, i relied on anime style in which they just straight up stopped showing character chins somewhere after 80s. Theres a weird relation between neck area and lineart in general.
Posted in some pixel threads, but would love some feedback on the lighting and what not.
Cheers
Not bad for a first time, you need to get a background i guess, unless you are going for Tetsuya Nomura white background style. You could reduce shades. Is there intentional anti-aliasing or there are brush leftovers?
Shuu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »

Not bad for a first time, you need to get a background i guess, unless you are going for Tetsuya Nomura white background style. You could reduce shades. Is there intentional anti-aliasing or there are brush leftovers?

Thanks! Definitely no anti-alias intended, so it may have been left over from me constantly erasing and trying to improve it. I'll try to get around to backgrounds. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic