Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:56:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)WW1 Game Character Sprite Critique
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WW1 Game Character Sprite Critique  (Read 1085 times)
Deliverance
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2017, 05:44:55 PM »

I have an old project I started that I looked back at and decided would be worth finishing.  A while back I started a WW1 based RPG with armors that changed character appearance and etc.  Yet, for the life of me I cannot seem to make character sprites that I am happy with.  Are these really bad as I think or am I just being a horrible self critic?  They are 32 x 32 pixel character sprites.

Let me know what you guys think!
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »

They're not horrible but there definitely is a lot I could suggest improving on there, however they do get the general idea across. I think you should just roll with them for now so you can make your game at a good pace. When you've got it all built up and laid out you can go back and refine or replace the graphics.

The beyond that I'd suggest maybe going with more WW1-ish themed colors. For example:

You can also take a look at war movies for good ideas on the environment colors and lighting:

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
zizulot
Level 0

ZIZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »

I like them actually Smiley , and as JVK5 said - you should roll with them as for now, then you can improve them.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic