Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:05:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[KICKSTARTER] Alder's Blood - a Victorian-Western, turn-based, tactical game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Alder's Blood - a Victorian-Western, turn-based, tactical game  (Read 10775 times)
ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »

Another cutie.
ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 02:27:08 AM »

Some new stuff:

Seaside monsters:

Vampiric creatures:

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 04:02:45 AM »

New post on our blog about the Smell System  Hand Point Right http://aldersblood.com/2017/12/11/whats-cooking-doc-the-smell-system/

If you would like to give us a feedback about Alder's Blood, or just chat, join our Discord!  Hand Point Right https://discord.gg/D8KD7nF
KPas
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 04:17:04 AM »

I like almost every aspect of your game you have shown so far -- except mistreating that piece of meat perhaps. Wink
The smell system with it's influence map mechanics is a very good idea! I guess it will be possible to evade some monsters by moving appropriate to the wind direction?
Good luck! Smiley

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 01:33:13 AM »

I like almost every aspect of your game you have shown so far -- except mistreating that piece of meat perhaps. Wink
The smell system with it's influence map mechanics is a very good idea! I guess it will be possible to evade some monsters by moving appropriate to the wind direction?
Good luck! Smiley

That's right - it will be possible. Wink Thank you!

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 01:53:02 AM »

Talk with Shockwork Games  Hand Point Right https://discord.gg/D8KD7nF

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 05:13:51 AM »

Hey guys! We just posted a new article on our blog, about the Strategy Layer in Alder's Blood.

Read it here Hand Point Right http://aldersblood.com/2017/12/16/the-strategy-layer-in-alders-blood/

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 04:35:12 AM »

New gif - Atiquarian is healing his fellow, Rambler. Happy New Year guys!
https://twitter.com/ShockworkGames/status/948167246014271488

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 08:54:03 AM »

Big news everyone!

We are planning to run a Kickstarter campaign for our project, Alder's Blood in Febuary! We have already prepared a draft document of the upcoming campaign for you guys!

Please, check it out and tell us what do you think!

Hand Point Right https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167825245/620262813?ref=359251&token=f78b16d5

Your feedback will be highly appreciated!
Sundrop
Level 1

Grandma cooks best!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 11:04:08 AM »

Vampiric creatures:

Thank is one sick bat!

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 01:53:16 AM »

Vampiric creatures:

Thank is one sick bat!
Thanks! :D

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 08:09:01 AM »

Update:

1. We've decided to set our funding goal: 60 000$, which is quite reasonable, I think.

2. We're in the middle of the process of creating a video for Kickstarter. We're crafting werewolf's paws for it  Grin

3. New weapons:

- first one for Rambler
- second one for Jaeger
- third for Boomer

nkm
Level 1

Ludere ergo sum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 11:53:29 AM »

Looks good!
I can imagine it to be very niche though...

On your Kickstarter page I'm missing an explanation on what you intend to do with the money.

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 12:41:39 AM »

Looks good!
I can imagine it to be very niche though...

On your Kickstarter page I'm missing an explanation on what you intend to do with the money.
Thanks!

There is an info in Why Kickstarter, but maybe we should specify it in a chart. We'll make a chart then. Thanks!
ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 01:52:44 AM »

Kickstarter video will be ready soon!  Grin

Some photos from the recordings:

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 04:36:55 PM »

Though the genre is no exactly up my alley, the surrealist characters are definitely are! Grin

Regarding Kickstarter, have you seen LobsterSundew's notes? (e.g. day of launch/closing, increments between various pledge amounts, and lots more).  He also used to give detailed reports but I haven't seen him around lately.  Regarding the funding amount, I and eidobunny have posted our observations on another devlog.

LobsterSundew
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 11:58:15 PM »

No RNG (like missing shots in XCOM), a senses system for enemies like smelling a scent on the wind to be alerted and a reactive quest system are big selling points from what I skimmed.

The supported platform is clarified as PC in an image. You could mention that important information again in text form somewhere on the project page like the FAQ section. You should prepare an answer about supporting additional platforms. That is a common thing for backers to ask about.

A visual touch that can be added to the embedded animated GIFs of gameplay is to work on the perimeter edges of the GIFs to make them more interesting. The edges could be made ragged like torn parchment, splatter of blood, a wooden photoframe or other effects by pasting the effect to every layer in the GIF animation. This is just a potential extra visual touch and not important.

There is already some impressive project page graphics. The main project image is very strong. The subsection banner for "Combat" could have the letters in blood be made larger or contrast more against the wood cuttingboard. It is not the easiest to read.

Stretch goal charts can benefit from waiting until the first few days of campaign performance data before being finalized and revealed. The first few days can give a sense of how much a campaign is actually going to raise.

The project page is already fairly tall. It is acceptable, but be consciously aware of how much additional height you add to the project page with new additions. The tall image of a shadowy figure with a bleeding hand is 690 pixels tall. This may be the main area where the project page could be improved. It could be streamlined more.

Consider relocating the bleeding, sickness, immobilized, etc. icons and descriptions to a project update. You would be able to go into more detail there without adding too much to the main project page's height. Other sections like "The monsters" and "The bosses" kind of already feel like entire project updates pasted into the main page. You could ask yourself what information is high-enough priority to keep where it is and what is low-priority information that could be moved into project updates. There is the option to have a table of contents section in the main body of the project page with links and a summary to each update. That approach can reduce clutter and make the page easier to skim over.

A $60,000 minimum funding goal and a $15-priced game would be targeting 1,715 (optimistic) to 1,943 (expected) to 2,728 (pessimistic) backers total to achieve 100% funded. It would need to aim for at least 258 backers in the first 48 hours to have good enough campaign traction.

February 2018 does not look too busy for AAA game releases this year. Below is a table used to help schedule video game Kickstarter campaigns. November to Janaury are tough months on Kickstarter. February is the first decent month, so there can be many strong projects launching that were postponing since last year.
https://i.imgur.com/pzX5anh.png

February 2018 is mostly HD re-releases of classic games to worry about. In comparison, February 2017 had Nioh, For Honor, Hollow Knight, Night in the Woods, Horizon Zero Dawn, Torment, Fire Emblem Heroes and Halo Wars 2 to compete against for press coverage. If you launched in the second half of February, something to consider avoiding is ending during GDC San Francisco (March 19th to March 23rd).

Europe-based projects can have a harder time scheduling Kickstarter campaigns. 09:00 CET in Europe is 03:00 EST in North America. Kickstarter schedules campaigns in 24 hour increments by default. If a project launches at 10:32 then on the final day the campaign is scheduled to end at 10:32. This means a European project creator wakes up, launches around 08:00 or 09:00 in his local time zone and ends up harming the performance of the final day of the campaign because most Kickstarter backers are from North America and would be asleep.

Project creators have access to an option before they launch to specify what time they want their campaign to end. I strongly recommend using that feature and picking an hour where backers in both Poland and North America can reasonably be awake to experience the final countdown.

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 09:01:43 AM »

Though the genre is no exactly up my alley, the surrealist characters are definitely are! Grin

Regarding Kickstarter, have you seen LobsterSundew's notes? (e.g. day of launch/closing, increments between various pledge amounts, and lots more).  He also used to give detailed reports but I haven't seen him around lately.  Regarding the funding amount, I and eidobunny have posted our observations on another devlog.

Hey! Thank you for your hints, io3 creations. Glad you like the characters in our game. Wink

No RNG (like missing shots in XCOM), a senses system for enemies like smelling a scent on the wind to be alerted and a reactive quest system are big selling points from what I skimmed.

The supported platform is clarified as PC in an image. You could mention that important information again in text form somewhere on the project page like the FAQ section. You should prepare an answer about supporting additional platforms. That is a common thing for backers to ask about.

A visual touch that can be added to the embedded animated GIFs of gameplay is to work on the perimeter edges of the GIFs to make them more interesting. The edges could be made ragged like torn parchment, splatter of blood, a wooden photoframe or other effects by pasting the effect to every layer in the GIF animation. This is just a potential extra visual touch and not important.

There is already some impressive project page graphics. The main project image is very strong. The subsection banner for "Combat" could have the letters in blood be made larger or contrast more against the wood cuttingboard. It is not the easiest to read.

Stretch goal charts can benefit from waiting until the first few days of campaign performance data before being finalized and revealed. The first few days can give a sense of how much a campaign is actually going to raise.

The project page is already fairly tall. It is acceptable, but be consciously aware of how much additional height you add to the project page with new additions. The tall image of a shadowy figure with a bleeding hand is 690 pixels tall. This may be the main area where the project page could be improved. It could be streamlined more.

Consider relocating the bleeding, sickness, immobilized, etc. icons and descriptions to a project update. You would be able to go into more detail there without adding too much to the main project page's height. Other sections like "The monsters" and "The bosses" kind of already feel like entire project updates pasted into the main page. You could ask yourself what information is high-enough priority to keep where it is and what is low-priority information that could be moved into project updates. There is the option to have a table of contents section in the main body of the project page with links and a summary to each update. That approach can reduce clutter and make the page easier to skim over.

A $60,000 minimum funding goal and a $15-priced game would be targeting 1,715 (optimistic) to 1,943 (expected) to 2,728 (pessimistic) backers total to achieve 100% funded. It would need to aim for at least 258 backers in the first 48 hours to have good enough campaign traction.

February 2018 does not look too busy for AAA game releases this year. Below is a table used to help schedule video game Kickstarter campaigns. November to Janaury are tough months on Kickstarter. February is the first decent month, so there can be many strong projects launching that were postponing since last year.
https://i.imgur.com/pzX5anh.png

February 2018 is mostly HD re-releases of classic games to worry about. In comparison, February 2017 had Nioh, For Honor, Hollow Knight, Night in the Woods, Horizon Zero Dawn, Torment, Fire Emblem Heroes and Halo Wars 2 to compete against for press coverage. If you launched in the second half of February, something to consider avoiding is ending during GDC San Francisco (March 19th to March 23rd).

Europe-based projects can have a harder time scheduling Kickstarter campaigns. 09:00 CET in Europe is 03:00 EST in North America. Kickstarter schedules campaigns in 24 hour increments by default. If a project launches at 10:32 then on the final day the campaign is scheduled to end at 10:32. This means a European project creator wakes up, launches around 08:00 or 09:00 in his local time zone and ends up harming the performance of the final day of the campaign because most Kickstarter backers are from North America and would be asleep.

Project creators have access to an option before they launch to specify what time they want their campaign to end. I strongly recommend using that feature and picking an hour where backers in both Poland and North America can reasonably be awake to experience the final countdown.

Hey Lobster! Your feedback is very valuable for us, developers. Thank you for your time spent on checking out our project and giving us so many interesting and crucial tips. We’re really grateful!
ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2018, 04:06:49 AM »

We're back with the new article on our blog about new movement system, other new features, updates and what we're working on right now. Also, Kamil decided to make a quick vlog for you with Alder's Blood played in the real-time. Hope you'll enjoy it! Remember – this is a very early build. Please, be understanding, we'll improve the quality of our videos.  Wink

Here's the article  Hand Point Right http://aldersblood.com/2018/01/24/first-vlog-new-movement-system-new-features-and-updates/

Devlog video:

ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2018, 03:20:51 AM »

Concept arts of the new Hunter in Alder's Blood, Storyteller. From a gameplay point of view she will fight mostly as a debuffer. She's a typical support, working in a second line of the team - maybe even a „glass cannon” (we still work on skills department of this character). Speaking about lore aspect, we imagine these debuffs as some old powers coming from ancient stories enchanted with magic powers. Some kind of maybe god’s words, usable in battle only for chosen ones - a typical person can die just from reading a single word. Hope you like this idea! Wink

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:51:03 AM by ShockworkGames » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic