Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:09:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSQUIDNATOR 3000
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SQUIDNATOR 3000  (Read 1974 times)
ardydo
Level 0

aooooooooooo marmita

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2017, 06:24:43 PM »

Hello and welcome y'all!

This is going to be my first ever project made with the intent to sell.

It's going to be an 2d shoot'em'up. I'll have more information really soon!

ardydo
Level 0

aooooooooooo marmita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »

Squidnator is the third (and half) installment of the Octopedro series. Its origin was on Iara's revenge.

This is Iara's revenge. Kinda

The game turned out not that great, but given the circumstances, I'm still really proud of it. I had to develop it on my own when I was expecting to work on everything else and a little code, but things doesn't always turn out how you intend it, right? The game did end almost nothing like I wanted since so many things had to be cut for me to deliver it in time but, hey, I did my best!

Well, I've had a really neat idea about a shooter about a cyborg squid that is a distant relative from Octopedro (in the future) from the future where Octopedro had conquered the whole world and stuff and since I still wanted to develop a "jogo de navinha" (spaceship gaems) I thought I should just mix those two together and work on it!

The decision of actually selling it was made based on a thread I saw on twitter about how you shouldn't feel bad for charging for something you've made. All my previously games had been free because I always felt like it was not worth nobody's money. So I'll mix that thing too in it!

Well, I just started this project so I don't have too much to show, but I always admired those cool TiGsource devlogs so here I am!

All that said, you can check all of my games on my itch.io page (which is in dire need of a extreme makeover) and you can always contact me over here or on my twitter

tankorsmash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 04:20:24 PM »

The decision of actually selling it was made based on a thread I saw on twitter about how you shouldn't feel bad for charging for something you've made. All my previously games had been free because I always felt like it was not worth nobody's money. So I'll mix that thing too in it!

I have that exact same problem man. I've made a few games and only ever put them out for free because I assumed no one would want to pay for it, even if I was happy with how they turned out. Another part of me was trying to avoid failure though too because if I never tried to live off it, I couldn't fail haha.

For Squidnator, what sort of twist do you have in mind? I tried out the first octopedro and it was interesting that you could only move in a few slots and you always shot.

ardydo
Level 0

aooooooooooo marmita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »

For Squidnator, what sort of twist do you have in mind? I tried out the first octopedro and it was interesting that you could only move in a few slots and you always shot.

In "Iara's revenge" would actually end with you fighting Iara that would actually be invincible (she's a damn goddess) and you'd have to approach and hug her to ask for forgiveness but I was never able to get that far during the jam. This would do two things that I'm interested in: Adding a little storytelling to the game and subverting some of the shumup paradigms  (not solving problems by just shooting them) and those would be things that I'd like to carry over.

ardydo
Level 0

aooooooooooo marmita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »

Well, we have some bad news. I'll be direct

Squidnator 3000 is friggin dead

Well, not actually.

I still want to make Squidnator but I'll be switching projects for the moment. I'll be working on a old/new project.

It's a Whale Petting Simulator that actually hides a Hat Simulator inside it. It's a pretty silly game and you can check it out here. Basically I'll be working in a new version using Godot for android and PC. If you want to hear more about it I'll be creating it's own thread very soon so keep your eyes pelled!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic