Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411425 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:30:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMinewell - Top Down Action Miner, Feedback Appreciated
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Minewell - Top Down Action Miner, Feedback Appreciated  (Read 1025 times)
Wobling
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2017, 07:38:18 AM »

Minewell

A Top down Action Miner
In Minewell you play as a lone space miner, working for a mining corperation, You have been sent to collect valuable materials from Asteroids.

All you have is your suit and your ship, gather power crystals to power the ship and traverse the asteroids, Mine, Collect, Explore and above all Survive.

This is a very early Prototype and we're trying to see if people enjoy what we have created and where we should go from here.
Newest addition is travel between asteroids, the ship has modules which can be interacted with, currently just the refinery and the navigator.

Fill your ship with Fuel to allow navigation control.
Any feedback would be amazing, you can find more indepth details at our Devlog

Control Scheme

Movement - WASD
Mouse - Look Direction / Fire Direction
Space - Dash
Shift - Swap Weapon (Laser/Melee)
Left Mouse Button - Primary Fire
Right Mouse Button Down - Vaccum Debris
Right Mouse Button Release - Debris Shotgun
E - Interact with Upgrades

Prototype
Windows 0.1.0 32Bit
Windows 0.1.0 64Bit
OSX 0.1.0
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:51:34 AM by Wobling » Logged
Wobling
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 06:52:16 AM »

Added a new build with changes to the progression and upgrade paths,
Feedback as always is very useful and would love to know what you think of our current prototype.

Thanks,
Rob.
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:47:11 PM »

I love the look of the game, but I wish the glow could be disabled.

The first time, the game started in full-screen for the Unity logo but then switched to windowed mode for the actual game.

It was unclear what I was meant to do. I went to mine a crystal and it exploded, killing me. I was then left wondering what to do because I didn't respawn for a surprisingly long time.

On my second try, I stood further back when mining and successfully collected crystals, but quickly ran out of power and felt like I was missing something important. How do I get power back?

There were a lot of particles after explosions and it was unclear if they were dangerous to me. I didn't risk it.

I found the graphics surprisingly easy to "read", even with all the particles everywhere.

The vacuum was really fun to use. I love the idea of a combination vacuum/shotgun. The animation for switching to/from pick-axe mode was really nice too.

I kinda like it, but it's hard to say if it's "fun" or not at this stage because I don't feel like there was a point to it yet. Maybe I missed something. In any case, I'm curious to see what you do with it.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
-Ross
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 11:38:22 AM »

I think this could be pretty great. Nice graphics, feel, and solid base mechanics (movement and so on). It's a bit hard and missing a lot of "quality of life"/UX stuff.

I had the same issues as Quicksand, with the benefit of reading his feedback first and knowing ahead of time. The window size stuff is a big problem, and I was definitely not patient enough to find out how long it would take to respawn after death, I just killed the game and started it again.

It's kind of hard. The blob guys that shoot and the spinning spikeballs seem OK, but those little jerks with one spike are really hard to kill with your pick without getting hit. Probably they'd be fine later, but they seem a bit much for the first level. I did get to the second and almost the third level after a few tries to figure things out though.

The vacuum-shotgun is awesome.

There should be some warning effect when guys are going to spawn.

It really needs a tutorial or some instructions at least. I kind of figured things out after a few tries, but it would have been much more enjoyable if I knew what was going on. I thought the spawners were buttons of some sort. Where do the white particles that you shoot come from? How do you get more energy for your laser?

[Edit] I also didn't see the inside of the ship like you have in other gifs, is that not in the game yet?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:41:08 PM by -Ross » Logged

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 05:08:46 AM »

The art style is a little to reminiscent of Downwell but if looks nice.  Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic