Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:40:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Pricing for single 8 direction character animation?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pricing for single 8 direction character animation?  (Read 1979 times)
dodo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »

Hi, sorry if it's not the right place for the question. I need a couple of character animations for my game and i am trying to make a rough calculation of art expenses.

Here is an example art with the required angle and all. It doesn't have to be pixel art specifically. Can be taken from a 3d model. Can you price it roughly? Thanks.

If we’d asked the customers what they wanted, they would have said “faster horses”

— Henry Ford
TheClintHennesy
Level 0

Artist working on Twinkle Torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »

Hey Dodo,

This might not be the answer you're looking for- but just from experience as an artist- this will really really vary depending on who your artist is. I also think you have to be more specific with if you will be doing it in/from a 3D Model or use pixel art- cuz then you would base your costs on that. It would also help a lot better to specify these technical things- since these will affect the overall look and feel of your game's art style.

If it were a 3D model-
Charge based on the Pipeline-
Model, Texture, Number of Animations

If it were a Pixel-
Charge based on the number of animations and complexity of the Pixel Art/style.

But then again- this would also vary as well based on whom you're hiring. Some charge per hour- some charge per project/task. :-l It's too hard to answer (I believe)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic